Getting a copy of OS X, making a bootable usb/dvd drive, installing the OS

http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

Good place to start. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

It's that simple? Just like installing Windows?

Usually yes, BUT, you should watch a few youtube vidoes because of the motherboards BIOS and that, you should do some research on it before you continue.

if you want to do this LEGALLY, make sure you have a mac or a friend that has one to copy the OS and format the drive to mac journaled

if you want to do this LEGALLY, make sure you have a mac or a friend that has one to copy the OS and format the drive to mac journaled

Apple's ToS makes it illegal to install OS X on unsupported hardware, but this mainly only matters if you did it in an enterprise environment. You can basically get a bootable ISO for a virtualbox or a copy of OS 10.6 + iBoot for easy manual installation in virtualbox. Then you can use the virtualbox to create a 10.8 or 10.9 bootable installer USB. Sounds a bit complicated, but thats how I got around the not having a machine with OS X at the time.

TonyMacx86 is a good place to start, look up general tutorials and then read the posts from people have similar / same hardware config.

Good luck.

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

*spoiler*

I gave up.

I think you went the wrong way, you need a modded kernel for your cpu! Head over to rampagedev. There you find anything you need.

I run a hackintosh with a i7 4930k and a 780 without any problem.

Its also important to copy the modded cpu not only to your USB stick but also on the ssd itself. Without that you will get a black screen!

For boot commands you might need to add GraphicsEnabler=No and -v -x if i remembered correctly

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7

I'll give a second shot soon, I was running all kinds of VMs experimenting and lost enthusiasm 

Head over to RampageDev, he supports your motherboard! Also he has great support! For me all worked fine ;)

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7