Acer Nitro XV272UP Monitor won't wake up from sleep

As the title says, every time my monitor goes to sleep I have to turn it off then on to get a picture. After the monitor goes to sleep it says "no signal" and it just remains black. After turning it off then on I get a screen and everything works as intended. 
The PC works fine, at least I didn't notice any problems. One more important thing to note is that I just bought a new rig so I'm not sure if this is a PC, windows or monitor problem.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I don't even know where to start

You could test the problem by plugging the monitor into any other devices you may have available like a laptop, but you can also easily diagnose if it is windows by using a linux distro (you can just run it live off a USB)

Does unplugging and plugging the cable back in wake it up?

You can make sure that windows does not go to sleep and unplug the cable, wait for the monitor to go to sleep and then plug the cable back in to see if that wakes it up.

Edit: I would also try using both the Display port and HDMI connector to see if that makes any difference.

I think I managed to solve it allowing USB ports in device manager to be able to wake up the PC. It still looks weird to me because the PC would wake up but the monitor would not but apparently the solution was simple.

Thanks for helping me anyway!