Make Windows 10 not change wallpapers while gaming

dverma1232

Hi,

I have a slideshow running for Windows 10 background, that also changes the system accent colors when the wallpaper does, this causes the PC to drop a few FPS for a few seconds as it's doing this. This is fine when I just have chrome open, but really annoying when I'm gaming, since the makes the game stutter and freeze for a few seconds. It is really prominent in League of Legends and since I have the wallpaper set to change every 15 mins, it happens a few times a game. Is there anyway to stop it doing this when there is a fullscreen application open such as a game? Maybe through another application such as wallpaper engine, though I haven't looked much into it?

Thanks for your replies :)

Choose a static picture or solid background instead of slideshow in the background setting.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Other than writing a program to change them manually there isn't such a  feature. 

Fancy things costs performance. You should either not use the feature, or upgrade your system.

You try and make sure your game runs in exclusive mode (assuming it supports this), by setting the game run in Full screen mode and not full screen maximized (they look alike, but in the end, exclusive mode has Win key disabled, and when the game is not focused, it minimizes itself, and doesn't allow content to be put in front.

Additionally, you can gain performance by making sure Game Mode is enabled in Windows 10 (default it is), and not have an FPS counter (which costs CPU cycle as it needs to calculate the FPS). You can also reduce game settings to allow the system have the needed resources to change the wallpaper on the back.