CPU strange behaviour

I get for (almost) free CPU (i5 6500) and I have strange problem. So far my experience was that processor could be good or bad. Bad processor don't allow even start of computer or freezes in any part of booting process (before BIOS, after BIOS etc.). Good processor works both - in BIOS and when booting OS.

This one is strange - it starts and is proper detected by BIOS, I can configure BIOS in any way, I can spend in BIOS even 10 minutes and still nothing wrong happens. But then I cannot boot into any system - Windows or Linux (booted from pendrive). Computer just restarts itself without any error, without bluescreen etc. POST / logo is displaying again and everything repeats the same (wrong) way. CPU was tested on two motherboards. Win10 spinning circles for a while then restarts. Linux live displays lot of informations (as usual) then restarts too. I tested with integrated and external CPU.

Temperatures are good.

Anyone have similar problem maybe?

1 minute ago, Spakes said:

Does this CPU work with other MoBos?

I shared all informations. Tested on two motherboards. Don't know if it works before.

Do you have experience with that CPU behaviour?

If it boots into bios fine and seems to fail when attempting to boot into Windows, I suspect a HDD error. "Load Optimized Defaults" within the bios and reinstall Windows. If that doesn't work, Reinstall Windows with an alternate HDD.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

1 minute ago, Brent744 said:

If it boots into bios fine and seems to fail when attempting to boot into Windows, I suspect a HDD error. "Load Optimized Defaults" within the bios and reinstall Windows. If that doesn't work, Reinstall Windows with an alternate HDD.

Please read my whole post. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I shared all informations. Tested on two motherboards. Don't know if it works before.

Do you have experience with that CPU behaviour?

I meant "more than two"... Just to be sure.

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Please read my whole post. Thank you.

I did, My recommendation remains the same.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

And if it won't work on other MoBos, too, I suspect, you've got a CPU with faulty component inside (like I/O or RAM controller).

Also, try to make a swap where the only similar thing between two PCs is exact CPU and everything else is known to work fine.

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

4 minutes ago, Brent744 said:

I did, My recommendation remains the same.

No, you didn't. I was talking about live usb with linux - completely different boot device and system. Results the same.

4 minutes ago, Spakes said:

And if it won't work on other MoBos, too, I suspect, you've got a CPU with faulty component inside (like I/O or RAM controller).

This may have sense and I suspect that is correct. I'll check some BIOS options, but still I think that this CPU is somehow dead in a strange way.

36 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

This may have sense and I suspect that is correct. I'll check some BIOS options, but still I think that this CPU is somehow dead in a strange way.

Check under the CPU to see if it's missing any SMDs, that could explain the issues you're having. Or maybe it's a failed attempt at deliding and it's damaged under the IHS.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

29 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Check under the CPU to see if it's missing any SMDs, that could explain the issues you're having. Or maybe it's a failed attempt at deliding and it's damaged under the IHS.

Well, it looks perfect and I don't think anyone wants to delid i5 6500. Anyway, I think I'll test it later some day but I assume is dead.