Two different speakers one PC (Split Audio?)

KodiakGaming
Go to solution Solved by The1Dickens,
2 minutes ago, KodiakGaming said:

Do you think a dedicated sound card, or even one of those USB to mic/speaker converters would work? 

I don't know about the USB thing, but I know a Soundcard would. I would think the USB one would, and it would be an easy check, since I think some of those are as low as $20USD (if not lower). Quality might suffer, but at least you'll know if it is what you want/need.

Hey there LTT peeps. I have a set of speakers plugged into the back of my computer, and a set plugged into the front. I was wondering if it would be possible to get Windows 10 to recognize the speakers as separate devices so I can output different audio sources to each set of speakers. IE, Spotify on speaker #1, and game audio on speaker #2.

Any help would be appreciated! 

2 minutes ago, milantheworse said:

just wire them in series

They're recognized as the same device. I want each speaker to be recognized as it's own device. 

gahNKJ8.png

Yes, it is possible. First, check with your motherboard manual to see if the front audio header on the board shares anything with the rear audio ports. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Likely depends on the tier of your board.

Second, open your audio settings nevermind, Windows went and borked the audio settings.

One way to do it is to manually set the output device in the options/preferences/settings of the application you are using. For example, in Warframe, under the Audio settings, at the bottom of the list is an entry for audio output device. You can select from the list of all the available devices, even if its different from the 'default' device. I believe this option is available in most applications.

If your monitor has a 3.5mm jack, you can put audio through HDMI (if you're using that cable), and plug one set of speakers into the monitor, and select it from the Output Device List if the application has the option for it.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

58 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

Yes, it is possible. First, check with your motherboard manual to see if the front audio header on the board shares anything with the rear audio ports. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Likely depends on the tier of your board.

Second, open your audio settings nevermind, Windows went and borked the audio settings.

One way to do it is to manually set the output device in the options/preferences/settings of the application you are using. For example, in Warframe, under the Audio settings, at the bottom of the list is an entry for audio output device. You can select from the list of all the available devices, even if its different from the 'default' device. I believe this option is available in most applications.

If your monitor has a 3.5mm jack, you can put audio through HDMI (if you're using that cable), and plug one set of speakers into the monitor, and select it from the Output Device List if the application has the option for it.

just put one cable in rear R and one in L rear

Just now, The1Dickens said:

I'm using a Gateway DX4860 motherboard (it's fairly old so I doubt I'll be able to find any documentation such as a manual). Sadly my monitor does not have an HDMI or 3.5mm aux jack. As for selecting audio devices in applications, windows recognizes both sets of speakers as the same device so it's not possible to do that.

In simpler terms, I need to find a way for Windows to recognize each set of speakers as it's own device, instead of merging them together as one device.

7 minutes ago, milantheworse said:

just put one cable in rear R and one in L rear

I don't have R or L ports... On the back of my PC I have the Pink: Mic In, Blue: Line In, and Green: Speaker Output. On the front I have Mic In, and Speaker Output.

59 minutes ago, KodiakGaming said:

In simpler terms, I need to find a way for Windows to recognize each set of speakers as it's own device, instead of merging them together as one device.

do it worked what i said

????????????????????

Just now, milantheworse said:

do it worked what i said

????????????????????

Read my above post :) 

1 minute ago, milantheworse said:

mmh do you have front aux?

Yes, front, and back aux... each aux has it's own speaker plugged in. Trying to send different sources of audio to it's own designated speaker (play music on speaker #1, play game sound on speaker #2)... Understand, ya? 

13 minutes ago, KodiakGaming said:

Right. It might be a setting in the BIOS, but I can't seem to find any images or anything that shows what your BIOS looks like. I'm guessing it would be under 'System Configuration', under an option like 'Front Panel' or something.

Spoiler

ooooh wait.. use  a virtual mashine that says play on front and youre normal pc at the back

Just now, milantheworse said:

yes but what is the problem than?

Windows is recognizing the speakers as ONE device, instead of TWO separate devices. 

1 minute ago, The1Dickens said:

Right. It might be a setting in the BIOS, but I can't seem to find any images or anything that shows what your BIOS looks like. I'm guessing it would be under 'System Configuration', under an option like 'Front Panel' or something.

I'll restart my PC and take a look in the BIOS. What setting should I be looking for under Front Panel? 

Just now, KodiakGaming said:

I'll restart my PC and take a look in the BIOS. What setting should I be looking for under Front Panel? 

If it says 'HD Audio' or 'AC97', click that option and switch to any other option (other than disabled/off).

Spoiler

Just now, The1Dickens said:

If it says 'HD Audio' or 'AC97', click that option and switch to any other option (other than disabled/off).

Okay, I'll check back with you in a few minutes, thanks for helping me throughout this dilemma.