Experiencing Micro-Stutters on PC but no components appear to be failing

Kovy

PCPartPicker Part List

Currently, I have been experiencing horrible micro stutters whenever I use my Desktop. These shutters do not affect the audio at all. I moved into a new dorm in mid-August, and only recently the issues have started to arise. Before then, I would never have any micro stutters and the computer ran smoothly. The only thing that has occurred that I could see causing an issue (besides physical damage from moving, which I took precautions against) was that there was one time where the power to the computer got cut off while in use. It was not due to a power surge, but rather the surge protector turning off because it was not plugged in firmly.

I have tried different windows versions, I ran CCleaner, scanned with Malwarebytes in addition to running tests. I went through and uninstalled programs and chrome extensions to see if that helped, but it didn't I also tried updating drivers and windows itself, but neither of those has helped the problem. So the first test I ran was sfc /scannow which did find a corrupt file, but I fixed that. Then I checked the hard disks with CrystalDiskInfo. Both disks reported as good. Then I tried the windows memory diagnostic tool, and that again said no problems. I ran the user benchmark tool and got these reports.

It says that both the memory and the cpu are under-performing. But for the memory, I got the DDR4 3000 mhz memory and June, and have had no issues until these stutters. The CPU, I believe may need new thermal paste, but I don't know if that could be causing these issues. I also do not overclock the CPU.

The one peripheral I will note could be a problem is this DAC which has in the past had an issue with the audio cutting out, with the only fix is to unplug and plug back in the USB 2.0 mini type B cable. When I first got it in February, there would be some notifications about a USB power failure issue through the Windows action center. But I have not seen them in a while.

Is there anything that stands out to you guys as a possible issue that I can fix without having to buy parts? I was considering reformatting my PC to try and fix the issues, but I would rather try that as a last resort before buying new parts.

This Stutters, do they only appear only while Gaming? And if, in all or just one ect.?

And for the Future, please no Textwalls. Just Facts and a Question ;)

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

It's during everything, be it web browsing coding you name it. They can range in duration from less than a second to around 3 seconds. 

My bad about the text wall. Just very frustrated about this whole issue. I will definitely avoid them from now on. ?

Edit: It is most noticeable when typing or when watching a video and trying to skip a few seconds. 

23 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

This is a shot in the dark but are you using a PS2 keyboard by any chance?

No, It is a usb one. It does happen a lot even when I am not typing as well, so I hope it isn't something with my keyboard, but it definitely could be.