help

ITJINN
6 minutes ago, ITJINN said:

How do I fix the blue screen of death?

Yes, it helps to post a pic of it for starters.

Plus specs of your system

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I’ve told that when you get blue screen of death you should turn the computer off and press the sequence to take it into safe mode, what do you do after that?

9 minutes ago, ITJINN said:

I’ve told that when you get blue screen of death you should turn the computer off and press the sequence to take it into safe mode, what do you do after that?

Well ideally you'd want to figure out what caused the BSOD (it tells you this). So you could research what could be the cause.

hold on can you start from the beginning please. So let’s just say I just got BSOD, what now

5 hours ago, fuzz0r said:

Well ideally you'd want to figure out what caused the BSOD (it tells you this). So you could research what could be the cause.

Right... So what will usually happen if I decide to go the route I suggested?

I’ve told that when you get blue screen of death you should turn the computer off and press the sequence to take it into safe mode, what do you do after that? 

I just need someone to explain the process step by step for my understanding purpose

Edited by ITJINN

4 minutes ago, ITJINN said:

I’ve told that when you get blue screen of death you should turn the computer off and press the sequence to take it into safe mode, what do you do after that? 

I just need someone to explain the process step by step for my understanding purpose

Nope, it really depends on what the BSOD says.

It might simply be a one time error in which case a simple reboot will fix it. It might be a software error in which case you could use safe mode to remove the software. It might be a hardware error in which case nothing except replacing the bad hardware will fix it.

Unfortunately there's no one size fits all rule.

What did the BSOD say?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, ITJINN said:

hold on can you start from the beginning please. So let’s just say I just got BSOD, what now

When you get the BSOD it'll display an error code. You can google Blue Screen of Death and check out the pictures. It'll give you an idea of where to look.

Optionally if you've got a smartphone take a picture of it, so you can properly look for it.

13 minutes ago, ITJINN said:

Right... So what will usually happen if I decide to go the route I suggested?

Well you'd need to get a hold of a dump viewer.

I use BlueScreenView

Check what it says in the dump file is the cause.

Yes, it really depends on the StopCode.

There are even some conditions within a StopCode.  Some StopCodes can have two different solutions.

Won’t visit often..