Help With GPU

Go to solution Solved by stuwoac,

Im running a fx8350 and the r9 270 just got the r9 from novatech got the xfx model with BF4 for £130 which I just loked at the website they dont have in stock any more doh 

its clocked at 1100mhz gpu fans are noisy at 100% but it never gets there just sits around 50% I can play full 1080p on tomb raider and fry cry 3 hope this helps 

as said also get the 8320 and just clock to 4ghz to save money I got the 8350 in a silly deal well over a year ago 

with thos saving your be able to get the h100I

hello all just joined the forum. :D

Names shane. nice to meet you all :D

I Would like some assistance/help with what kind of graphics card i should get for my system.

I Already have my Mobo And Case These are

The Corsair Carbide Series 200r.

Gigabyte 97A-DS3P

i have already picked out CPU and GPU at my price point. im dead certain this is the CPU i want to get but i know very little about GPU's and im looking to use it for gaming. games like Skyrim, latest MMO's, Diablo 3, FarCry 3, Dragon Age, DeadSpace And More.

ASUS GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5

AMD Piledriver FX-8 Eight Core 8350 4.00Ghz

the budget i have set aside for each of these is £150 (Approx 240$) but i do have the option to wait a little bit more time and save some extra money so the budget isnt really set in stone more of a goal i set myself it can be changed in some circumstances.

i plan to have my CPu watercooled by a H60 for some lower temps and possibly overclock slightly.

so thats about what iv decided on. if anyone could help me with graphics cards or if u have any other suggestions about a part id be very happy :D. its my first pc build so i dont really know much about building except youtube vids iv seen xD so part recomendations would be great :D

look forward to chatting with you all.

-Shaneration-

Welcome to the forums, that suggestion is fine.  Or the Radeon R9 270X or the Radeon R9 270.

Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.1 GHz and 1.120 V | Stock Cooler <--- This will change soon. | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 | EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB ACX Superclocked | Crucial M4 128 GB Solid State Drive | Western Digital WD Blue 500 GB Hard Disk Drive | Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Case | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard | Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze Power Supply | HP 24x DVD Burner | LG 24x DVD Burner | Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard | Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse | Rocketfish Gaming Mousepad | Samsung SyncMaster S27B350 27" Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Speaker System | Turtle Beach PX21 Headset | 

Go with an 8320 (Better Price to performance than 8350) then maybe go for a 760

Also welcome to the forum :)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

the gpu should be fine and don't get the h60 get at least the h80i

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

Yeah, get the 8320 instead, for better value. Also, you could get something better than a h60, ask other for info on that. And lastly a 270X or even a 280X (if you can stretch you budget).

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Im running a fx8350 and the r9 270 just got the r9 from novatech got the xfx model with BF4 for £130 which I just loked at the website they dont have in stock any more doh 

its clocked at 1100mhz gpu fans are noisy at 100% but it never gets there just sits around 50% I can play full 1080p on tomb raider and fry cry 3 hope this helps 

as said also get the 8320 and just clock to 4ghz to save money I got the 8350 in a silly deal well over a year ago 

with thos saving your be able to get the h100I

Get the FX8320 with Hyper 212 EVO and spend the rest on a 760.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

thanks for all the great responses, ill defo get the CPU as you all suggested :D

in terms of the GPU i had a look around and to me this seemed like a good deal let me know what you think.

GIGABYTE Radeon R9 270X WINDFORCE 3X OC BF4 Edition 4GB GDDR5

i also need to get a wireless card for my mothebroard since the one i have dosent have inbuilt wifi.

anyone have suggested for a wireless lan card i have no idea where to start on that.

love the community so far you have been really helpful and all so freindly :D

-Shaneration-

thanks for all the great responses, ill defo get the CPU as you all suggested :D

in terms of the GPU i had a look around and to me this seemed like a good deal let me know what you think.

GIGABYTE Radeon R9 270X WINDFORCE 3X OC BF4 Edition 4GB GDDR5

i also need to get a wireless card for my mothebroard since the one i have dosent have inbuilt wifi.

anyone have suggested for a wireless lan card i have no idea where to start on that.

love the community so far you have been really helpful and all so freindly :D

that GPU is ok, but I recomend a 760 like this http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperClocked-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-2765-KR/dp/B00DHW4HXY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391729495&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+760

thanks for the help but i could not find a 760 that i liked at the right price point.

here are the 3 cards im considering atm

XFX R9 270X

ASUS R9 270X

Gigabyte R9 270X

ill proberly go with the ASUS or XFX but not to sure atm. depends on how much i can spend this week. if u have any suggestions that would be good.

to everyone else the H80i and the H90  are the same price atm which one would you chooose and why ?

any help is appreciated

-Shaneration-