Monitor help :(

Kenjo

Hey, 

So im in a pickle... Asus are being R - Tards and the shop i bought the XG32VQ monitor from , first they said ship the defective monitor to ASUS... so i did.. after speaking to 3 different people i sent everything in to them and i received a BROKEN monitor back without anything except for the stand.... so i contacted Asus and the shop and they finally after a week agreed to take the monitor in and with accordance to local Consumer rights im entitled to either a BRAND NEW monitor of the same series or repaired... the shop then Replaced the monitor so i was yay... finally after 2½ weeks.. i picked it up today from the postal office and its in a non branded brown box with no accessories so i cant power it on also the package material was the one that i sent in so they are clearly breaching consumer rights so im currently having issues with them back and forth ! 

Now my wife told me to buy a NEW monitor regardless.. and here is the crux of the matter ... i have been looking at 3440x1440p with either freesync2 or Gsync (2080 ti is my gpu), 

I would like to know what kind of monitors you would recommend and for the love of god do not talk Performance / price battle etc that is so irrelevant ;)

Some models i have been looking at: 

AoC 35" UGC6 120hz Gsync 
MSI 34" Mag Optix freesync 100hz 

I would just like to get the most reliable and one that has either vesa 75x75 or 100x100 since i need to use a desk arm to mount due to space limitations with the depth of the desk (80cm) 

No bickering / arguing etc just helpful experience please 

You should get a monitor depending on what you'll use it for obviously, if you play games online you need 144hz minimum in my opinion, if you play single player games 60hz and higher resolution is nice, maybe even ultrawide if you want and for productivity, depending on what you do an ultrawide or a 16:9 4k screen with good colors

3 minutes ago, Crunken said:

You should get a monitor depending on what you'll use it for obviously, if you play games online you need 144hz minimum in my opinion, if you play single player games 60hz and higher resolution is nice, maybe even ultrawide if you want and for productivity, depending on what you do an ultrawide or a 16:9 4k screen with good colors

well i mostly play Fifa 20 and similare games with 0 frame cap , diablo 3 RoS sometimes and im looking to play the outerworlds when its out and cyberpunk , not that bothered about 4k as much and i do really like the idea of 21:9 over 16:9 to be honest.. the Asus monitor i had was a 32" 1440p 144hz (when it felt like it hence the RMA)

21 minutes ago, Kenjo said:

well i mostly play Fifa 20 and similare games with 0 frame cap , diablo 3 RoS sometimes and im looking to play the outerworlds when its out and cyberpunk , not that bothered about 4k as much and i do really like the idea of 21:9 over 16:9 to be honest.. the Asus monitor i had was a 32" 1440p 144hz (when it felt like it hence the RMA)

Yeah go for ultrawide then if you like the format, it's really immersive for single player games. The higher the refresh rate the better experience imo, so i'd personally go with the one that's the fastest

1 minute ago, Crunken said:

Yeah go for ultrawide then if you like the format, it's really immersive for single player games. The higher the refresh rate the better experience imo, so i'd personally go with the one that's the fastest

thanks for your input really appreciate it, 

Was hoping for someone with experience of an 21:9 to give some input aswell ;)

21 minutes ago, Kenjo said:

thanks for your input really appreciate it, 

Was hoping for someone with experience of an 21:9 to give some input aswell ;)

I switched from dual 27" 2560x1440 to a single 21:9 ultrawide and have been very happy with it. I only play single player games and the extra immersion has been great. Normal non gaming usage is really good too with the extra width. I don't find myself missing dual monitors, except for the rare occasion I want to play a chill game and watch YouTube or something. Playing in windowed mode works fine for those games on the rare occasion I want that.

I have the Alienware AW3418DW and have been super happy with it. Only gripe is less than stellar black level performance, but that is only noticable in a small fraction of games I play (like dark parts of Hitman2 for example). Othwise 3440x1440 at 120 Hz is wonderful.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, RAS_3885 said:

I switched from dual 27" 2560x1440 to a single 21:9 ultrawide and have been very happy with it. I only play single player games and the extra immersion has been great. Normal non gaming usage is really good too with the extra width. I don't find myself missing dual monitors, except for the rare occasion I want to play a chill game and watch YouTube or something. Playing in windowed mode works fine for those games on the rare occasion I want that.

I have the Alienware AW3418DW and have been super happy with it. Only gripe is less than stellar black level performance, but that is only noticable in a small fraction of games I play (like dark parts of Hitman2 for example). Othwise 3440x1440 at 120 Hz is wonderful.

having a look at the Acer Predator Z35 with Gsync its quite affordable if you got 900 usd to throw at it... current price .. anyone heard anything about these puppies ;)

Is that AW a VA panel btw... i read alot of ppl moaning about black being grey etc.. my XG32vq was a VA panel and i had no issues.. but i can clearly tell the difference between ips and VA now.. the monitor i got atm is a IPS 60hz Lenovo (friend of mine let me borrow it) and the colours POP ;)

8 minutes ago, Kenjo said:

having a look at the Acer Predator Z35 with Gsync its quite affordable if you got 900 usd to throw at it... current price .. anyone heard anything about these puppies ;)

Is that AW a VA panel btw... i read alot of ppl moaning about black being grey etc.. my XG32vq was a VA panel and i had no issues.. but i can clearly tell the difference between ips and VA now.. the monitor i got atm is a IPS 60hz Lenovo (friend of mine let me borrow it) and the colours POP ;)

Mine is an IPS panel. VA will tend to have better black level at the cost of slower pixel switching time. If course it's highly dependant on the specific panel, but in general...

Patiently waiting for ultrawide OLED :)

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

34 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Mine is an IPS panel. VA will tend to have better black level at the cost of slower pixel switching time. If course it's highly dependant on the specific panel, but in general...

Patiently waiting for ultrawide OLED :)

Well as i said the XG32VQ is VA and the one im borrowing is a 27" IPS 60hz panel and the colours are alot better on this than the VA one.... but i see some bleed in the sides on this