Gigabyte G.1 Sniper vs Asus Maximus VI HERO ?

exotioner

Well, you probably figured my question out already. :P
HOWEVER... Since there's alot of the G.1 Sniper series, I have a few questions :

First of all, this is for my dream build, which I hope to get for my birthday (March 7th) so I want to have everything ready just in case (haha, get it ? because case.. nevermind :( )
Which one do you think would suite the system best, since I will be putting by build inside the NZXT H440, together with the Stock cooler of the GTX 780(ti)

here's the motherboards in question :

Gigabyte G.1 Sniper M5

Gigabyte G.1 Sniper Z87

Asus Maximus VI HERO

I was learning towards the HERO because of the features such as Sound Radar (Mostly for fun, not competetive gaming) and I really love the red and black scheme, but
being the nvidia ''fanboy'' I am, an Amd card is banished in my house (No offense to Amd guys, I just don't personally like it)

All input is appreciated ! :D

Well.. in my opinion they are great motherboards. But what kind of color scheme are you trying to go for in your build? Green? Red?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Neither. UD5-TH. Most of the features are either for hardcore overclockers or flat out gimmicky. It really is not worth the money even for a dream machine. The money in my opinion can be spent on something else that will benefit performance.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

what about the msi boards?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Neither. UD5-TH. Most of the features are either for hardcore overclockers or flat out gimmicky. It really is not worth the money even for a dream machine. The money in my opinion can be spent on something else that will benefit performance.

That board is slightly higher in price than all the other three.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

the hero imo any motherboard from asus is good

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I meant UD 5H actually that was a typo. UD4H too really any of the gigabyte mainstream boards are good.

the hero imo any motherboard from asus is good

Well, that's another reason I can prefer these. xD

what about the msi boards?

MSI isn't appealing to me, I don't know why :/

Well, this is mainly because I want to ''show it off'' mainly to myself though. I will eventually get White LED's to show it off more, as I like just the look of PC components :)

Well.. in my opinion they are great motherboards. But what kind of color scheme are you trying to go for in your build? Green? Red?

Since It's gonna host a Stock Cooler design GTX 780(ti) I was leaning towards Green normally, but when I saw Linus' Build with the Asus Maximus ~Something Something~ I ended up in the middle, so seeking opinions ! :)

Well, this is mainly because I want to ''show it off'' mainly to myself though. I will eventually get White LED's to show it off more, as I like just the look of PC components :)

But as I said I think the money can be better spent on something that will benefit performance. A higher capacity SSD or HDD, better GPU, better fans, another radiator etc.

Might as well go with the Sniper if you're gonna be running with the stock cooler forever.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

But as I said I think the money can be better spent on something that will benefit performance. A higher capacity SSD or HDD, better GPU, better fans, another radiator etc.

Not really concerned about such stuff :)

I have 120Gb EVO SSD currently, 1TB Seagate Barracuda (Still not filled up over the last 2.5 years) and an external HDD from Samsung for my school work :)

As I said, this is a ''Dream build'' I MIGHT get for my birthday, so the GPU is gonna be a 780 or 780Ti if my dad is gonna be generous, otherwise I will start getting a job to get it myself with a bit of his help, hopefully, and currently I already decided on an H100i :)

Might as well go with the Sniper if you're gonna be running with the stock cooler forever.

Thanks for the Input, every message helps :)

I was leaning towards this, because with a little lighting the Mobo will go nicely with the glowing GeForce GTX Logo I'm betting :)

Well, that's another reason I can prefer these. xD

MSI isn't appealing to me, I don't know why :/

Since It's gonna host a Stock Cooler design GTX 780(ti) I was leaning towards Green normally, but when I saw Linus' Build with the Asus Maximus ~Something Something~ I ended up in the middle, so seeking opinions ! :)

well if you you just care about looks right now get the formula its the best looking motherboard imo but i still say the hero between the two

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Thanks for the Input, every message helps :)

I was leaning towards this, because with a little lighting the Mobo will go nicely with the glowing GeForce GTX Logo I'm betting :)

No problem. Hell, if you could get @paultan to paint the cooler black like he did with his 690, this thing would look pretty good.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

well if you you just care about looks right now get the formula its the best looking motherboard imo but i still say the hero between the two

Well, here's some pricing for ya :)

M5 = 1.329DKK

Z87 = 1.099DKK

Formula = 2.049DKK

And just so you also know what this is in dollars, 5.5DKK = 1USD :)

So Formula in Denmark is ~360(?) while the other two are ~180-220

Well, here's some pricing for ya :)

M5 = 1.329DKK

Z87 = 1.099DKK

Formula = 2.049DKK

And just so you also know what this is in dollars, 5.5DKK = 1USD :)

So Formula in Denmark is ~360(?) while the other two are ~180-220

i was just saying the formula because as you said you care about the looks so the formula looks beast and the formula is the most advanced motherboard of the maximus vi series right now but i still say the hero

Spoiler

No problem. Hell, if you could get @paultan to paint the cooler black like he did with his 690, this thing would look pretty good.

OMG GIMME O_O

I'd totally buy that if I could, but it'd most likely cost a couple hundred USD just to get it done like that including shipping :(

I wish I was talented like him, fuck my life </3