Concerns about my build

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rtyyf9

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($117.90 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($111.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston A400 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($21.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Devil Video Card  ($439.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case  ($134.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1254.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-17 01:00 EDT-0400

Hi, im new to everyhting about PC and have been researching about pc parts for only a couple months. My only concern is that my cpu and motherboard doesn't support PCI 4.0 (supports PCI 3.0). Since radeon 5700xt has PCI 4.0 would I need to change my motherboard and CPU to accommodate for this? Or would it cause any problems if I decide go ahead on it. Any help and suggestion is appreciated

pci-e is forwards and backwards compatible.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Duck.exe said:

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($111.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Devil Video Card  ($439.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1254.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-17 01:00 EDT-0400

Hi, im new to everyhting about PC and have been researching about pc parts for only a couple months. My only concern is that my cpu and motherboard doesn't support PCI 4.0 (supports PCI 3.0). Since radeon 5700xt has PCI 4.0 would I need to change my motherboard and CPU to accommodate for this? Or would it cause any problems if I decide go ahead on it. Any help and suggestion is appreciated

The 5700 XT isn't exclusively PCIe 4. It operates just fine in PCIe 3 lanes. It's just technically ready to operate with 4. 

The H150i is.. Not only complete overkill, but a complete overspend. 

• If you dont plan to overclock the CPU, just use the solid stock cooler that comes with Ryzen. 
  • If you want to overclock, even the best air cooler on the market is $90ish, and is quieter and cools better. 
  • If you're set on an AIO cooler, there are so many cheaper options that look and cool great. (ML240 RGB for example.)

Use those savings to grab a 3600 instead. It's a world of difference. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Constellation ES 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.85 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($413.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1108.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-17 01:13 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Hi, im new to everyhting about PC and have been researching about pc parts for only a couple months. My only concern is that my cpu and motherboard doesn't support PCI 4.0 (supports PCI 3.0). Since radeon 5700xt has PCI 4.0 would I need to change my motherboard and CPU to accommodate for this?

It works fine for PCIe 3.0. Backwards compatible.

2 minutes ago, Duck.exe said:

Bit strange to spend $190 on a cooler for a $115 CPU. You should drop the AIO and just use the stock cooler that comes with the 2600. If that isn't good enough or is too noisy then look at grabbing a tower air cooler.

You could use the money you save on the cooler to upgrade to a Ryzen 3600 (you may need to perform a BIOS update on the motherboard, but IIRC that MSI board you have supports flashing BIOS without a CPU - But double check the manual first if you don't have a 1st gen or 2nd gen CPU to flash with)

3 minutes ago, Duck.exe said:

You should go with a 500GB SSD. The A400 is better than nothing but plenty of better SSDs out there to spend your money on.

4 minutes ago, Duck.exe said:

RMx is a great power supply (have one myself) but you don't need 850W for a single GPU system. I'm currently running two high power consumption 250W GPUs with the RM750x. The RM550x would be fine for your build and would save you some money. Or looking at prices the Bitfenix Whisper M 550W is only $80.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

14 minutes ago, Duck.exe said:

Probably go for Ryzen 3000

but if you are planning to do a custom water cooling loop at some point you can just use the reference RX 5700, as it's $289 right now, just don't buy that cooler in any event and mostly following the build above

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xsYQzy/xfx-radeon-rx-5700-8-gb-video-card-rx-57xl8mfg6

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

The 5700 XT isn't exclusively PCIe 4. It operates just fine in PCIe 3 lanes. It's just technically ready to operate with 4. 

The H150i is.. Not only complete overkill, but a complete overspend. 

• If you dont plan to overclock the CPU, just use the solid stock cooler that comes with Ryzen. 
  • If you want to overclock, even the best air cooler on the market is $90ish, and is quieter and cools better. 
  • If you're set on an AIO cooler, there are so many cheaper options that look and cool great. (ML240 RGB for example.)

Use those savings to grab a 3600 instead. It's a world of difference. 

I wasn't so sure about the AIO was overkill or not as I don't really know a whole yet. I'll take a look at the AIO you suggested. Thanks for the suggestion

21 minutes ago, Duck.exe said:

I wasn't so sure about the AIO was overkill or not as I don't really know a whole yet. I'll take a look at the AIO you suggested. Thanks for the suggestion

If you aren't doing a custom loop in the 011 dynamic you can quite easily save like $70 on the case+fans it would want.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Spotty said:

It works fine for PCIe 3.0. Backwards compatible.

Bit strange to spend $190 on a cooler for a $115 CPU. You should drop the AIO and just use the stock cooler that comes with the 2600. If that isn't good enough or is too noisy then look at grabbing a tower air cooler.

You could use the money you save on the cooler to upgrade to a Ryzen 3600 (you may need to perform a BIOS update on the motherboard, but IIRC that MSI board you have supports flashing BIOS without a CPU - But double check the manual first if you don't have a 1st gen or 2nd gen CPU to flash with)

You should go with a 500GB SSD. The A400 is better than nothing but plenty of better SSDs out there to spend your money on.

RMx is a great power supply (have one myself) but you don't need 850W for a single GPU system. I'm currently running two high power consumption 250W GPUs with the RM750x. The RM550x would be fine for your build and would save you some money. Or looking at prices the Bitfenix Whisper M 550W is only $80.

I have looked at the flashing BIOS but I don't have a CPU to start so I would need to check the manual first

Just now, Duck.exe said:

I have looked at the flashing BIOS but I don't have a CPU to start so I would need to check the manual first

the tomahawk max i linked doesn't need the BIOS flash.

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

the tomahawk max i linked doesn't need the BIOS flash.

Oh nice. I looked at it but I wasn't so sure. Thanks for clarifying 

Oh nice. I looked at it but I wasn't so sure. Thanks for clarifying 

It has USB bios flashing anyways so it wouldn't need a CPU to flash

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It has USB bios flashing anyways so it wouldn't need a CPU to flash

So it comes with a USB bios flash? Or would I need to buy it?

Just now, Duck.exe said:

So it comes with a USB bios flash? Or would I need to buy it?

You load the bios file onto any flash drive in the proper format

also:

16 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you aren't doing a custom loop in the 011 dynamic you can quite easily save like $70 on the case+fans it would want.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You load the bios file onto any flash drive in the proper format

also:

Thanks for the video. I read what you said about case fans as I won't be doing water cooling. Thought I replied to it but  I realized I didn't quote you. Thanks you though