Broken 3.1 connector pins , fixable?

So , my experience with a 3.1 USB connecter has been thrilling. I noticed one of my usb3 ports wouldnt work, my vbus pin is bent but it's against the plastic where it might be salvageable. But my intA_p1_ssrx pin to the right is completely broken off , it was bent so far back that it was to brittle to even bend back. If I can bend back the vbus that gives that port power is it possible to fix the intA_p1_ssrx pin , replacement or anything. Or do I just live with the fact I messed up my usb3 Mobo pins , and one dead front USB port. (I have 1 other usb3 , and 2 USB 2.0) and plenty in the back so I mean , if I have to live with a dead port it's ok , just wondering if there's anything I can do.

I mean, you can still use the ports on the rear IO , right?

Jokes aside, if you really want to fix it, you might have to de-solder the entire USB3 header and replace it with a new one. The parts should be readily available online, though the (de-)soldering procedure could be tricky since they uses specialized tools at factory, not a soldering iron and a heat gun that you have lying around.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

45 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

I mean, you can still use the ports on the rear IO , right?

Jokes aside, if you really want to fix it, you might have to de-solder the entire USB3 header and replace it with a new one. The parts should be readily available online, though the (de-)soldering procedure could be tricky since they uses specialized tools at factory, not a soldering iron and a heat gun that you have lying around.

So what I'm hearing is none of this is worth it to fix a single USB 3 port. I don't do transfers that would need more then one anyways. And I always have like 4 ports I think in the back so. Really my only loss is inconvenience of pulling the tower out. Thanks for the info anyways man I was just curious