Is The Sempron 140 Causing This Problem?

hi everybody. This is my first topic!! yeeeahhhh

i have this specs on a computer:

sempron 140

ati 5450

i dont think the rest matters.

The thing is that i cant reproduce youtube videos even in 720p. i mean, fps go down a lot.

IUt cnat be the video card. Someone told me that the sempron wasnt fast enough for the 1080p youtube video, but shouldnt be that be procesed by the vga?

any help will be thanked!!

edit: i tried activating/deactivating hardware acceleration on youtube, html5 too, nothing works

Sempron is an alright chip for browsing etc.. But when it comes to 1080p videos, its all down to CPU and GPU. Maybe the videos ^.- you watch on youtube arnt capable to 1080p. ( Correct me of im wrong ) In my perspective the sempron 140 is causing the problem.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

i built that pc like that because i thought that the video card was going to do that job of processing 1080p video

:(

Make sure you are giving the video time to buffer, I know my internet takes ages to load 720p video...its an easy thing to miss. 

That was a poor choice in terms of a processor. The AMD Sempron 140 is a single-core processor. If you were doing a budget build, I would have recommended at least an Athlon. 

You're not going to be able to do very much with that processor. Personally, I suggest an upgrade. And no, the problem is not the video card - the 5450 is more than capable of youtube videos.

I've used this processor in two builds. One for the first basic computer I ever built and a second time for my dad's so I can tell you for sure that it is indeed capable of playing 720p video even with onboard video. I can't imagine what your problem would be though.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

i have no idea. Video buffer is not the problem... something must be wrong. it shouldnt lag so much playing 1080p or 720p videos on youtube.

i bet its the slowest cpu in all the forum!

How much RAM does the system - Video card have? It could be a bad RAM stick or fault on the video card memory.

That was a poor choice in terms of a processor. The AMD Sempron 140 is a single-core processor. If you were doing a budget build, I would have recommended at least an Athlon. 

You're not going to be able to do very much with that processor. Personally, I suggest an upgrade. And no, the problem is not the video card - the 5450 is more than capable of youtube videos.

Athlon is the way to go

How much RAM does the system - Video card have? It could be a bad RAM stick or fault on the video card memory.

it has 2 gb of ram, that should be ok.

at this point i want to know what is in charge of processing the videos from youtube, is the cpu or the videocard? because if it is the videocard, the sempron shouldnt be the problem. is that correct?

The GPU is really in charge of it but the CPU is really there to actually process it, My dads computer use to have a HD 5450 but with Athlon 260 and he could watch 1080p videos on youtube fine!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

The GPU is really in charge of it but the CPU is really there to actually process it, My dads computer use to have a HD 5450 but with Athlon 260 and he could watch 1080p videos on youtube fine!

It's definitely the processor. No one in this day and age should be using a single-core processor, unless it's an ancient Intel Core Atom processor in a 10" laptop. My best advice: upgrade!! :D

P.S. No one will be pleased if they build themselves a budget computer for less than $200. Decent computers start at $400. Gaming machines start at $600-700. Enthusiasts start at $1500 and up.

It's definitely the processor. No one in this day and age should be using a single-core processor, unless it's an ancient Intel Core Atom processor in a 10" laptop. My best advice: upgrade!! :D

P.S. No one will be pleased if they build themselves a budget computer for less than $200. Decent computers start at $400. Gaming machines start at $600-700. Enthusiasts start at $1500 and up.

It's NOT the processor I can guarantee you that. There's nothing wrong with using a Sempron in this day and age either. My dad checks his email, reads news on the web, streams music, and watches youtube videos at the same time. The Sempron 140 is more than capable for those tasks in Windows 7 with 4GB of RAM and suits him just fine. He always rants about how fast the PC is. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

It's NOT the processor I can guarantee you that. There's nothing wrong with using a Sempron in this day and age either. My dad checks his email, reads news on the web, streams music, and watches youtube videos at the same time. The Sempron 140 is more than capable for those tasks in Windows 7 with 4GB of RAM and suits him just fine. He always rants about how fast the PC is. 

fridadecat is saying that he cant watch 1080p videos. Not how fast it runs..

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Uhm...you guys realize that 1080p youtube video is based on flash, don't you?

Even a Dual Core C2D T7500 with 2,2 GHz has problems with that. Flash has no decent Hardware Acceleration, wich means even 720p Videos are going to drop some frames, if you have some programs running in the background, that use a little CPU Power.

Copy the Link and paste it into VLC. Then you need to turn on GPU Acceleration in VLC. Now you should only have maybe 15-20% of CPU Use.

Sometimes there are problems with VLC and Youtube HD, it doesnt work all the time for me. If that doesn't work for you also, you have two alternatives:

Use Linux with mPlayer. mPlayer has a Add-On for Firefox, where it pops out the Video and plays it natively, wich means you also get Hardware Acceleration. But it's a bit fiddley and you should know at least a little bit about what to do with a Terminal in Linux.

Second alternative would be to download the YT Videos, for example with DownloadHelper and watch them from the HardDrive, wich would be the best alternative.

Good news everyone...!

hi everybody. This is my first topic!! yeeeahhhh

i have this specs on a computer:

sempron 140

ati 5450

i dont think the rest matters.

The thing is that i cant reproduce youtube videos even in 720p. i mean, fps go down a lot.

IUt cnat be the video card. Someone told me that the sempron wasnt fast enough for the 1080p youtube video, but shouldnt be that be procesed by the vga?

any help will be thanked!!

edit: i tried activating/deactivating hardware acceleration on youtube, html5 too, nothing works

I used a 5450 for about three weeks, but I had an Athlon II x4 cpu, and I could watch 1080p movies just fine. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Uhm...you guys realize that 1080p youtube video is based on flash, don't you?

Even a Dual Core C2D T7500 with 2,2 GHz has problems with that. Flash has no decent Hardware Acceleration, wich means even 720p Videos are going to drop some frames, if you have some programs running in the background, that use a little CPU Power.

Copy the Link and paste it into VLC. Then you need to turn on GPU Acceleration in VLC. Now you should only have maybe 15-20% of CPU Use.

Sometimes there are problems with VLC and Youtube HD, it doesnt work all the time for me. If that doesn't work for you also, you have two alternatives:

Use Linux with mPlayer. mPlayer has a Add-On for Firefox, where it pops out the Video and plays it natively, wich means you also get Hardware Acceleration. But it's a bit fiddley and you should know at least a little bit about what to do with a Terminal in Linux.

Second alternative would be to download the YT Videos, for example with DownloadHelper and watch them from the HardDrive, wich would be the best alternative.

Forgive my ignorance but I thought YouTube abandoned flash?

No, unfurtunately only for some Videos. And most browsers can't play the WebM video anyway. And if they can, they don't have any hardware acceleration. AFAIK at least...

You have to turn on HTML5 Video in the settings first (just google "Youtube HTML5 Video", there are some very good tutorials with pictures and even videos)
I use HTML5 for quite a few videos on youtube, but HD Videos are very rare and quite demanding...the mentioned C2D above can't play F-HD WebM videos. AFAIK only Chrome supports H.264, but the last time i looked up some information about that it looked like there are some licensing problems too.

Good news everyone...!