Logitech G403 Hero - Is it good? Worth it?

Voidzik

Im considering which mouse to buy, it seems like G403 Hero looks good for my grips/hand

I've owned two G403's before replacing it with a wireless G703. So... I like it. Neither G403 were Hero I think, but the G703 is. I don't feel a difference between them.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 hours ago, porina said:

I've owned two G403's before replacing it with a wireless G703. So... I like it. Neither G403 were Hero I think, but the G703 is. I don't feel a difference between them.

Hows braided cable? I've heard that it's worst cable ever. What do you think?

It's an ok cable. No complaints about it.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

If you like the shape, size and weight, go for it. It's a great mouse and the Hero sensor is designed to perform like a 3360 (while consuming less power) AFAIK.

47 minutes ago, Voidzik said:

Hows braided cable? I've heard that it's worst cable ever. What do you think?

Pretty sure that the G403 (hero or not) doesn't have a braided cable. I think you are confusing the G403 with the G502.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

If you like the shape, size and weight, go for it. It's a great mouse and the Hero sensor is designed to perform like a 3360 (while consuming less power) AFAIK.

Pretty sure that the G403 (hero or not) doesn't have a braided cable. I think you are confusing the G403 with the G502.

I've been looking in internet and YT videos, G403 Hero has braided cable 100%

7 minutes ago, Voidzik said:

I've been looking in internet and YT videos, G403 Hero has braided cable 100%

Huh, looks like I was wrong. I thought the G403 always had a rubber cable. I haven't heard many complaints about the 403's cable, so it should be fine, but you could try it out at a store or something, just to be on the safe side.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

37 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Huh, looks like I was wrong. I thought the G403 always had a rubber cable. I haven't heard many complaints about the 403's cable, so it should be fine, but you could try it out at a store or something, just to be on the safe side.

Well i was in the store where i live in Poland and sadly there is only 2 mouses to try it out which it was small for me, it was Razer DeathAdder Essentienal and Logitech G102. G102 is so small :D

Anyways, some people recommended to replace mouse feet on G403, i have no idea why its really needed.

13 minutes ago, Voidzik said:

Well i was in the store where i live in Poland and sadly there is only 2 mouses to try it out which it was small for me, it was Razer DeathAdder Essentienal and Logitech G102. G102 is so small :D

Interesting. The G403 is very popular so a lot of stores usually have one to try out. 

14 minutes ago, Voidzik said:

Anyways, some people recommended to replace mouse feet on G403, i have no idea why its really needed.

Did you visit r/mousereview by any chance? xD It's not really needed TBH, stock mouse feet are good enough for most people.

9 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Interesting. The G403 is very popular so a lot of stores usually have one to try out. 

Did you visit r/mousereview by any chance? xD It's not really needed TBH, stock mouse feet are good enough for most people.

Well yeah i actually did and that what they said. They recommend to paracord cable and replace the feet. Sadly thing i can't find custom mouse feet, or i am stupid to find it. I found on Amazon but shipping is like $10-15 so i would say no thanks...

Anyways, is G403 going be good on my old mousepad Steelseries QcK+ ?

14 hours ago, Voidzik said:

If the mousepad isn't too worn, you shouldn't have any issues. If it is super worn, you should probably get a new one. It's a better investment than replacement mouse feet IMO.

you have to understand that there are like 3 versions of that cable and the newest one with the hero sensor is the most flexable

before that the proteus cable was worse

and the cable before that it was awful.

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

22 hours ago, Voidzik said:

thats a good pad but its good practice to get a new mousepad every year at least. Depending on how old it is and how much you use it, you might not notice how worn it is till its to the point of bare wood being more smooth HAHA.

i recommend the stitched one from steelseries if you decide to get a new one.

otherwise yeah, black cloth (especially qck) is best for hero sensor

that is unless you have it on stupid high dpi's, then you want something hard.

i play games at like 450-800dpi

6 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

thats a good pad but its good practice to get a new mousepad every year at least. Depending on how old it is and how much you use it, you might not notice how worn it is till its to the point of bare wood being more smooth HAHA.

i recommend the stitched one from steelseries if you decide to get a new one.

otherwise yeah, black cloth (especially qck) is best for hero sensor

that is unless you have it on stupid high dpi's, then you want something hard.

i play games at like 450-800dpi

Seriously. I just got a new mousepad because my old one from 2 years ago was dirty and oh my god the difference is amazing. 

Off topic I know but this is my first time owning a full desk pad and I can't believe how long I have lived without it. Typing so so much easier for some reason and my keyboard sounds 10x better. Way less banging CLACK CLACK. Totally worth the whole $14 I paid. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

8 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Seriously. I just got a new mousepad because my old one from 2 years ago was dirty and oh my god the difference is amazing. 

Off topic I know but this is my first time owning a full desk pad and I can't believe how long I have lived without it. Typing so so much easier for some reason and my keyboard sounds 10x better. Way less banging CLACK CLACK. Totally worth the whole $14 I paid. 

yeah i wish steelseries had their stitched in a desk size, (not the XL that is too short vertically...) XXL

They have Thick in XXL though, which is good, but i wanna get it and stitch the edges myself, i just really like how clean that is.

right now i have two pokemon mats my cousin gave me under my mousepad and keyboard so i can have the "kind of" same feel. HAHA