Fan Speed + RGB Question

Psywar

Hello everyone,

This is sort of a new build, but not really.
I have moved all my old hardware over to a new computer case: The Fractal Design Meshify S2

The motherboard is an asus m5a97 r2.0 and I am running an AMD FX 8350. The hardware is about 9 years old now.
The only reason I mention this is because I also have RGB questions and as you can tell from the motherboard it does not have RGB support.

The Meshify S2 has a fan hub that came with it - I ended up buying 2x 3pk of the 140MM Fractal Design Prisma AL14 RGB fans and I got their Adjust R1 RGB Controller.

I have all 6 fans hooked into the fan hub. 

What I would like to do if possible is find a PCI slot fan controller and hook the hub into that so I can control the fan speed/noise from the rear of the PC.
Is this possible?

The second thing I do not like the Adjust R1 RGB Controller because it has to sit inside of the case and I cannot access it. At night time I would like to have the ability to shut the RGB off.
Is there another RGB controller I could use that would allow me to control this via software or possibly wireless?

71325050_10217787098142499_5768259980402622464_n.jpg.56205d57839457c61ca48a4c943faa44.jpg

Here is a sexy photo of my "new" rig.

71202627_10217787099182525_2049669001943973888_n.jpg

71555193_10217787099462532_2179234975419727872_n.jpg

mmm... gluten free crust... anyways, i am not overly familiar with those fans, but i do believe there is some way to control them that is slightly less obnoxious. i would check a specific build video by jayz2cents, (should be the most recent one) since he mentions controlling the RGB, just can't personally check atm or remember what it was

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

9 minutes ago, Psywar said:

The Fractal Design Meshify S2

That case and the Empire wallpaper, a man of good taste :D 

Anyway, since you use the fan hub from the case via the motherboard you should be able to tweek the fan speed/noise via the bios. 

For the ARGB I have no idea maybe some fan ARGB hub that can be connected to the USB header of the motherboard (kinda like the corsair lightning node pro).

Edit : shut down your PSU during night time so the led can go off.

20 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

mmm... gluten free crust... anyways, i am not overly familiar with those fans, but i do believe there is some way to control them that is slightly less obnoxious. i would check a specific build video by jayz2cents, (should be the most recent one) since he mentions controlling the RGB, just can't personally check atm or remember what it was

Haha! The best kind of pizza crust is the tasteless gluten crust!
I will check out jayz youtube feed later today at lunch and see if I can find out how he is controlling his RGBs.

17 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

That case and the Empire wallpaper, a man of good taste :D 

Anyway, since you use the fan hub from the case via the motherboard you should be able to tweek the fan speed/noise via the bios. 

For the ARGB I have no idea maybe some fan ARGB hub that can be connected to the USB header of the motherboard (kinda like the corsair lightning node pro).

Edit : shut down your PSU during night time so the led can go off.

I do pride myself on my wonderful taste! 
That case is super sexy though it is very hard to deny. The only thing I do regret is there is no front panel for a single fan controller bus, but I still am really happy with the decision to upgrade.

I was not sure if the Thermaltake or Corsair stuff would work, but I might look into that a little deeper and see if anyone is using this combination.

12 minutes ago, Vector0102 said:

Thank you for the suggestion! 
I will find the youtube video for this on my lunch break.
This might actually work well. I think I might even be able to rig up something to show the display in my window of the case.

3 hours ago, Vector0102 said:

Dude!
I really like this. It is kind of pricey, but it is dope as all hell.
It takes up 3 PCI slots which is fine and the best part is it removes that gap and puts something cool there. 
I think I might pull the trigger on this.