10th gen Intel or i9-9900k?

Well thats what it comes down to is affordability

$300 for a SSD is a lot of pocket cnange and while we can argue all day if spending $150 for a mere 5-10% increase in speed for the 9900K vs the 3700X I can buy like 4 2TB HDD's for the price of just 1 of those 2TB SSD's.

Again yes is the SSD more reliable? yes

Is it faster? Yes

But damn that is quite a chunk of change there for 3 times the price of a standard HDD.

I really cant justify it

23 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

why the 2 NVME drives?

One for games and one for boot and other programms I use on a daily basis. If I get this kind of processor I want it to be placed on a relatively good motherboard and therefore I got the opportunity to use 2 m.2 sdds so why not. 

save the rest for another traditional hard drive.

I already got one so I don't know what you want to say with this.

22 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

$150 for a mere 5-10% increase in speed for the 9900K vs the 3700X 

I have just determined for myself that the single core performance is more important to me. 

I just think too many modern builders forget about the need for mass storage and sure standard hard drives are not as compact or fast as SSD's but still have the leg up in cost factor.

If large capacity SSD's were more affordable I would recommend them

On that, I find myself wondering, what about just a 2Tb 660p NVME drive, then dropping an Intel optane and large SATA hard drive in later when the ssd starts getting toward the full end? Reportedly the optane card gives a significant boost the HDD speed, and the 660p performs very well for pretty much everything a desktop gamer is likely to be using it for.