Is Intel Wifi 6 AX200 compatible with AMD Mobo and CPU?

Is Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 compatible with AMD Asrock B450m Pro4 F (mobo) and Ryzen 5 3600 (CPU) ? Am afraid to get the wifi card as I’m afraid Intel and AMD isn’t compatible.

@EntityNea As long as your router and your Wi-Fi card use the same standard/talk the same protocol, they should be compatible. The manufacturer should have no effect, that's the whole purpose of standards (such as Wi-Fi 6). Your CPU/mobo should have zero effect on your Wi-Fi's compatibility.

Likewise, as long as the card is compatible with the PCIe spec and the mobo is compatible with the PCIe spec, there should be no issues. The driver needs to be compatible with Windows (which should also be a given). Unless Intel has done something to their drivers to block AMD (unlikely, lawsuit waiting to happen) there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

• 2 months later...

Can confirm that ax200 works perfectly with AMD Ryzen and B350 prime plus, i have first generation  ryzen

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I recently put an AX200 on my X570 and was expecting it to work right of the bet. However, I haven't been able to get it to show in Device Manager. 

Am I missing some Intel drivers I don't know of?

Running a Ryzen 3600, in case that might help...

• 4 weeks later...

hey @Bartr i just recently did a similar upgrade to my ryzen 7 3750h laptop. i noticed something similar where it didn't show in device manager. a trick to fixing it is to download the driver from intel's website and install it. that will fix it and the wifi card will be shown in device manager. your probably not still stuck on this but if you are then there you go.

• 1 month later...

Hi @lowrck I've been able to use a wired connection in the meantime but my AX200 is still not recognized by my computer! I've used the Intel Driver & Support Assistant tool, it recognized all my hardware including the AX200. It downloaded and installed the latest drivers and after some reboots the card still doesn't show up in device manager. I'll be reaching out to Intel technical support next.. If anyone has an idea on what could cause this, please let me know :) Stay safe!

I purchased one for my Lenovo IdeaPad Flex-14API 81SS000DUS. To replace the factory Realtek 8822BE that has a driver on their site from August of 2017 and a Lenovo driver that's supposedly from Dec 30 2019.

After I installed it WiFi was great but Bluetooth audio suffered from massive stuttering. Although they have released a new driver since then. So I may give it another try.

So from what I have read there are two versions of this card. One has Intel vPro and does not. I believe the vPro one won't work for most people as it requires a vPro enabled chipset. I may be wrong. That's just what I understand from what I read. It's also possible these may be the AX200 and AX201 cards.

• 2 years later...

HI All,

I'm facing a similar dilemma for a laptop with Ryzen 5800 (Zephyrus G14) and the possible upgrade of the stock WIFI.
AX200 seems to be the main option, but it also seems like a BAD option if you read some posts on reddit and such.
Have anyone actually checked if the difference lays with AX200.NGWG (vPro) and AX200.NGWG.NV (No vPro)?
Or perhaps, would anyone recommend some other WIFI card for AMD CPU?