CPU voltage is 0.30v lower than what I set and it dips lower sometimes

My understanding with how OCing works might be a bit off but on my Asrock Z170M Extreme4 I set the voltage to "Fixed Mode", made it 1.3v and set the Load Line Calibration thing to level 1. I figured that would make it a constant 1.3v but in HWiNFO64 it detects the Core VIDs at 1.270v maximum, 1.235v when it's not 1.270v. Any idea what I could be missing?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

14 minutes ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

My understanding with how OCing works might be a bit off but on my Asrock Z170M Extreme4 I set the voltage to "Fixed Mode", made it 1.3v and set the Load Line Calibration thing to level 1. I figured that would make it a constant 1.3v but in HWiNFO64 it detects the Core VIDs at 1.270v maximum, 1.235v when it's not 1.270v. Any idea what I could be missing?

Your LLC settings should control that, just check which setting makes a flat line

it's also going to depend on the workload, if it's AVX for example.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?