Android Smartphone vs iPod Touch sound quality?

Cs342

Is there a difference between Android and Apple devices in terms of sound quality? I have an LG Optimus 4X with a 64GB external SDCard and I'm wondering if an iPod will sound noticeably better with the same set of headphones. Also, is it possible to fine-tune the volume on Android devices? This is very frustrating for me as there are only 15 volume steps that are either too loud or too soft, and I can't control volume precisely via a slider like my friends have showed me on their iPod. I would actually be willing to get an iPod just so I can listen to my music at comfortable volumes.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

The Apple might have a better dac than the LG, but you can't bundle all Android devices in one.

Have you downloaded a music player app? A lot of them have EQs you can fine tune, etc. That'll help give you "better" sound.

Some might also have slight volume control options.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

If you want a better music player I strongly recommend something like Apollo player. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrew.apollo.googlemusictheme&hl=en

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Download apollo or power amp on the lg Optimus to get noticeably better sound

I have Apollo (it comes default with CyanogenMod) but the interface is terrible to be honest (when I flick on an artist it shows all of their songs instead of each album and I have to click an extra time to get into the album browser). How do apps like POweramp improve sound quality if you don't use the EQ?

I have Apollo (it comes default with CyanogenMod) but the interface is terrible to be honest (when I flick on an artist it shows all of their songs instead of each album and I have to click an extra time to get into the album browser). How do apps like POweramp improve sound quality if you don't use the EQ?

power amp is okay but remember hardware is better than software so if your phone doesn't have great hardware software can't be a substitute

power amp is okay but remember hardware is better than software so if your phone doesn't have great hardware software can't be a substitute

So do Apple devices have better sound hardware than Android? (and more importantly can you tell the difference)

So do Apple devices have better sound hardware than Android? (and more importantly can you tell the difference)

it depends which phone since there are so many android manufacturers. But apple does have great hardware for sound.

it depends which phone since there are so many android manufacturers. But apple does have great hardware for sound.

How bout my phone (Optimus 4X)?

Is there a difference between Android and Apple devices in terms of sound quality? I have an LG Optimus 4X with a 64GB external SDCard and I'm wondering if an iPod will sound noticeably better with the same set of headphones. Also, is it possible to fine-tune the volume on Android devices? This is very frustrating for me as there are only 15 volume steps that are either too loud or too soft, and I can't control volume precisely via a slider like my friends have showed me on their iPod. I would actually be willing to get an iPod just so I can listen to my music at comfortable volumes.

I don't have an iPod touch but I imagine it'd be around the same of an iPhone. I have both an iPhone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S4. The S4 sound quality is the best in my opinion. But where the speaker is located isn't too great.

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

Android smartphone all the way, ipod touches only have one small speaker or if its a different type of ipod, then there is no speaker

apple.com

Android smartphone all the way, ipod touches only have one small speaker or if its a different type of ipod, then there is no speaker

I figured this. The iPod speaker is on the bottom and doesn't really have good quality. My S4 has amazing quality. I do recommend listening to things you pick up some headphones.

I figured this. The iPod speaker is on the bottom and doesn't really have good quality. My S4 has amazing quality. I do recommend listening to things you pick up some headphones.

Uh DUH

apple.com

I meant the actual sound hardware/headphone sound quality, not the quality of the speakers...

I meant the actual sound hardware/headphone sound quality, not the quality of the speakers...

The sound quality is great for the S4

The sound quality is great for the S4

Even better than the iPod? I thought the general consensus was that iPods have superior sound

Even better than the iPod? I thought the general consensus was that iPods have superior sound

I have an iPhone 4 which has similar quality. I overall prefer the Samsung

I have an iPhone 4 which has similar quality. I overall prefer the Samsung

Any reasons? Btw is it possible to actually tell the difference between different devices when using the same pair of headphones?

It is easy to tell a difference, the quality is just amazing. The main reason I prefer the Samsung is that it has a deeper bass and treble and it is more clear when listening to someone sing.

It is easy to tell a difference, the quality is just amazing. The main reason I prefer the Samsung is that it has a deeper bass and treble and it is more clear when listening to someone sing.

How about my Optimus 4X? Do you think it will sound better than an iPod Touch?

Probably yeah

How so? :)