My second monitor won't work after I got a new graphics card.

So I got a new GPU today (AMD Radeon RX 460 4gb) for my pc, and after installing it and a new power supply, I booted up the machine and found that my second monitor that has a VGA connector does not display anything other than a black screen.  I tried restarting my pc several times, as well as unplugging and re-plugging the VGA connector.  That did nothing to fix the issue.  Before i got the new GPU this issue had never happened before.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

What cable are you using for the VGA connection?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, zinton said:

How is the VGA attached to the gpu? 

the VGA is connected to the motherboard, only my primary monitor with a DVI cable is hooked up to the gpu.

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

What cable are you using for the VGA connection?

a VGA cable?  

2 minutes ago, avenreptiler said:

a VGA cable?  

What model 460 do you have that uses a VGA port?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

What model 460 do you have that uses a VGA port?

The VGA is connected to the motherboard.  Only my primary monitor (DVI) is hooked up to the gpu.  

6 minutes ago, avenreptiler said:

The VGA is connected to the motherboard.  Only my primary monitor (DVI) is hooked up to the gpu.  

so the GPU is probably taking priority over the integrated graphics. What CPU do you have?

Primary PC:

Connect your monitor to your GPU, not your motherboard.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

7 hours ago, krakkpott said:

Connect your monitor to your GPU, not your motherboard.

ditto ^ 
many new gpu's dont have a vga so you may need an adapter aswell

On 10/9/2019 at 11:37 AM, zinton said:

ditto ^ 
many new gpu's dont have a vga so you may need an adapter aswell

yeah, that's what i've decided to do after doing some more research.  seems like an adapter will work.  thanks.