Which mac should I get for someone in my case?

So I plan on spending about $1500-$2000 on a windows laptop for gaming and lots of programming and I am not a mac person and don't want to start dealing with the macbook butterfly keyboard issues etc. But I am interested in development for IOS which we all know can only run on mac. I only plan on spending $1000 - $1500 for this thing but don't plan on upgrading for at least three years. So my question is what to get? The mac mini is cheaper annd more powerful and you can add ram and has better i/o than the macbooks but after that purchase I need to buy a monitor and peripherals. And then the macbooks I wouldn't even consider an 12" or air because of power needed. So it's the pros we are looking at but we know how expensive and non upgradable they are. I am only interested in the 13" beacuase I don't have that much money to spend. So my question is what to get? I might be willing to get a lower spec macbook and carry around an external SSD but then I need to know how much ram xcode will need. I have considered refurbished macs but they aren't much cheaper than their new counterparts

You can spend part of the money like 500$ for an older upgradable macbook with an i7 and then you can upgrade it yourself like adding more storage capacity and more ram to suit your needs and the rest of the money you can spend on the windows machines.

29 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

You can spend part of the money like 500$ for an older upgradable macbook with an i7 and then you can upgrade it yourself like adding more storage capacity and more ram to suit your needs and the rest of the money you can spend on the windows machines.

Yah I have given that a little thought but I plan on holding onto this device for years so is that still advisable. And i have looked at their macincloud service and I don't think it is worth it and then internet speeds and all that also factor in for that