Can I run 1080p 144hz on a non Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Hey everyone, i have a monitor than can run 144hz and am planning to get a Scar III, unfortunately my monitor doesn't support HDMI 2. After a bit  of reading i found out thunderbolt 3 could woek but unfortunately the Scar III doesnt have thuderbolt 3, so I was wondering, could a USB-C to Displayport adpater run 1080p144hz

16 minutes ago, LuteFlute said:

Hey everyone, i have a monitor than can run 144hz and am planning to get a Scar III, unfortunately my monitor doesn't support HDMI 2. After a bit  of reading i found out thunderbolt 3 could woek but unfortunately the Scar III doesnt have thuderbolt 3, so I was wondering, could a USB-C to Displayport adpater run 1080p144hz

It can for sure if your USB-C port can act as a displayPort, I know a lot of USB-C ports can do that, even if they are not Thunderbolt 3

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

4 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

It can for sure if your USB-C port can act as a displayPort, I know a lot of USB-C ports can do that, even if they are not Thunderbolt 3

"Enjoy blazing fast transfers at Gen 2 speeds via the USB 3.1 Type-C™ with DisplayPort™ 1.4, or connect an external display for superior multi-tasking."

- Found this on the product page,

"1 x Type C USB3.1 (GEN2) support DP function"

- And this on the Sepcs page

Then I guess that means it can run 1080p@144hz?
I remember I read somewhere though that the bandwith of a USB-C (10Gbps) is unable to keep up with the required bandwith of 144hz or something. I might be pulling that outta my ass though.

1 minute ago, LuteFlute said:

"Enjoy blazing fast transfers at Gen 2 speeds via the USB 3.1 Type-C™ with DisplayPort™ 1.4, or connect an external display for superior multi-tasking."

- Found this on the product page,

"1 x Type C USB3.1 (GEN2) support DP function"

- And this on the Sepcs page

Then I guess that means it can run 1080p@144hz?
I remember I read somewhere though that the bandwith of a USB-C (10Gbps) is unable to keep up with the required bandwith of 144hz or something. I might be pulling that outta my ass though.

Yes, it means that your USB-C port can act as if it's a regular old DP port, no need to worry about USB-C bandwidth. It will do 1080p 144hz all day, just like any other DP port would.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂