Confused: New Laptop

Hey! I'm looking for some help choosing a new laptop for school. I'm in a master's program and do a lot of reading and writing on the laptop. I also use it for watching netflix, youtube and browsing. I might be doing some video editing for one project but this is something that I would like to keep for at least 4 years if possible. 

My needs are: Windows, great/comfortable keyboard (I like the bounce of the Surface laptop 2), comfortable reading screen, light (carrying in a shoulder bag)

My wants are: good speakers

Nice to have: 2 in 1 but not necessary

So far, I've tried the Surface Laptop 2 (i5, 8GB RAM, 256 GB) and the Dell XPS 13 (i7, 8GBGB RAM, 256 SSD). The Dell was doing something weird with the video sort of jumping while I was watching video, the page down button was weirdly placed and the volume was terrible so I exchanged it. My main issue with the surface is the lack of ports and the lower specs. Any help would be appreciated because I'm not really sure what specs I need given my uses

You might want to look into the HP Envy or Spectre lineups. They both have 2-in-1's and offer decent specs without going too crazy with the prices.