Overclocking my 1060 3GB mini:

Tristan n

I have tried overclocking my GTX 1060 3gb mini with msi afterburner, but have stuggled to get a good benchmark with Userbenchmark program. 

Can anyone help me since I am really confused why I can't get better than average overclocks compared to others using the same card. 

Thanks 

Tristan 

WHaT version of bios do you have?,  also memory chips maybe are different. try EVGA oc tool.

Hey muito_gostoso

Idk what version BIOS i have and dont know how to update it either, but i can say that the EVGA oc tool doesn't work because i do not have an amd cpu

1 hour ago, Tristan n said:

EVGA oc tool doesn't work because i do not have an amd cpu

ehm... WHAT?

evga doesn't even make amd stuff, and it has nothing to do with it either

1 hour ago, muito_gostoso said:

WHaT version of bios do you have?,  also memory chips maybe are different. try EVGA oc tool.

program of ocing doesn't matter

use 3dmark for performance testing, not userbenchmark

The program does matter actually. Evga makes more than one. And the newer ones aren’t the best. I’d get an older version of precision ocx. That’s what I use with my 10 series stuff and works the best over all for me. But any can do if they aren’t a fancy version. 

You can even oc with nvidia inspector and should show the info like bios version and memory manufacture like gpuz does. 

For comparisons, use unigine or fire strike scores. Keeping identical settings of course. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

well im not gonna spend 25 dollars on 3dmark 

and i still dont know what to clock my graphics card memory and boost at..

1 minute ago, Tristan n said:

well im not gonna spend 25 dollars on 3dmark 

and i still dont know what to clock my graphics card memory and boost at..

and evga isnt running...

Get the free version

Cant tell you what to clock it at. That's what testing is for.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz