[Tutorial] I used a Noctua AM4 upgrade kit for my 212 EVO - EASY SUCCESS

Why did i do that?

When looking for the 212 EVO AM4 upgrade kit,It's only available on the Cooler Master Europe website,

And even though i live in Europe,the upgrade kit is usually out of stock and when it is in stock Cooler Master asked me to pay 34 Euro shipping even though the kit is sent from within Europe,

That shipping alone costs as much as a new 212 EVO from within Europe,it should cost significantly more in countries outside Europe.

How did i do that?

I was inspired by this Imgur thread for a solution:

https://imgur.com/a/ZPnEG

I noticed he only modified the AM3/115X backplate to make the cooler fit,the rest of the the modifications are nice but not necessary.

The first thing i did after that was to order an AM4 upgrade kit that has a backplate with holes in it,you can of course order the backplate it self that has holes if you can find one.

I used the Noctua NM-AM4 L9aL9i,if you are intrested in what i used.

Then the fun begins:

1.Use the AM3 instructions and parts until you get to the X-clip bracket except for the backplate (use the AM4 backplate with holes you bought).

At this point it should look like this:

Spoiler

spacer.png

2.Apply thermal paste.

3.Now comes the tricky part,you need to position all the screws exactly in the middle,like the AM4 position in the image:

Spoiler

212EVOAM4.thumb.png.a21cbd6ee5fa4a0e6612ea00450d960a.png

This is tricky because the screws tend to slide and lock on either the AM3 or 115X positions.

4.mount the 212 EVO.

5.Align two screws diagonally,then screw them a tiny bit.

6.Repeat step 5 with the other 2 screws,it can be a little annoying due to the bracket tending to lock on either the AM3 or 115X positions.

7.Screw in a cross pattern.

6.Congrats you are done :D

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566