7th gen i5 laptop for 250$!!

It seems almost criminal what new laptops are going for when you take a couple hours to browse the used market. As Linus says in a recent WAN show, used hardware is actually really good these days:

Case and point, the laptop I am currently typing on an ASUS Q304AU 2 in 1 I picked up dirt cheap on Ebay. 

Specks

CPU- i7-7200U

Graphics- Intel 620

screen- 1080p "HDR" 8 compatible touch screen

RAM: 12GB

Storage: 1TB HDD

Price: 230$ (with free shipping) plus 34$ 8GB DDR4 from Amazon (free prime shipping) = 264$

Misc- webcam, 802.11 wiFi, Bluetooth, fingerprint scanner, full screen adjust with auto switching to tablet mode, 1 usb 2, 2 usb 3, 1 usb c, mic/headphone combo jack, sd card reader,(minimal wear to aluminum shell)

Name: Silvia (because the aluminum case looks like silver to me)   

This thing is a testament to how awesome the used market is right now. It gets 5 hours of charge at a reasonable brightness even without replacing the old battery.... that's right folks I said replacing; in the modern age you cant take upgradability for granted. This thing has several user upgradable parts: RAM (4gb soldered and up to 8GB dim), sata hard drive (my next upgrade will be an SSD), removable battery, and removable wifi card. the screen is surprisingly good and complements games well; and oh man can this thing game. It blows my freaking mind that I can get playable frame rates at 1366x768 at low in fallout 4 on last gen Intel 620 graphics. Oh and playing games on this with it propped up in tablet mode with an XBOX one controller and headphones hooked up via the on board Bluetooth is an absolute treat. The speakers while nothing to write home about are surprisingly decent given the size, and the build quality is decent especially for the price.

TLDR: I got a crazy good laptop for 264$ shipped and you can and maybe should do the same.  

IMG_7708.thumb.jpg.3699c4fc3afa5a8a05a54a5bae914dd8.jpg

IMG_7709.thumb.jpg.7ba0d9e34c612e6059244735c0a9be19.jpg

IMG_7710.thumb.jpg.a920a63480e34c806ec29bd8c4e95067.jpg

7200U isn't bad tho. but dont play game seriously never played a game on laptop except gaming laptop.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

1 hour ago, Wolfycapt said:

7200U isn't bad tho. but dont play game seriously never played a game on laptop except gaming laptop.

Yea I see this thing's gaming power as icing. It would still be a great laptop with a lesser on board graphics chip.  

23 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Yea I see this thing's gaming power as icing. It would still be a great laptop with a lesser on board graphics chip.  

but im surprised for the fact that it has good Spec and condition for 250$

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

1 minute ago, Wolfycapt said:

but im surprised for the fact that it has good Spec and condition for 250$

I guess people don't place much value on older budgetish laptops. I believe this model was 500-700 depending on deals back in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 1:43 AM, Arika S said:

dear god, what the hell is with those hinges?

Lol there weird because they need to push all the way beck.