Ryzen 5 2600 System - Major problems (Friends PC)

My friends 2600 build has a major problem.... Crashing and more crashing. We have cleared the CMOS like 3 times and done stability testing and put his ram back to default we checked to see if he had faulty ram sticks. No apparent problems were found. it first started off with results of his cpu running at 90C plus and that was the system lying because around the cooler was very cool. I am confused what is wrong! he is very upset about it and is considering getting professional help.

Specs: 

Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte Gaming X B450

16gb Corsair vengeance RGB Pro (2x8gb)

Gigabyte RX 5700 XT (reference card)

750w cooler master PSU 80+ gold efficiency 

Anyone have any suggestions I have tried some regular troubleshooting but only fixes it for a couple days then crashing occurs.This occurs by playing games, discord, steam and google for gods sake. please help!

8 minutes ago, Sahem said:

Anyone have any suggestions I have tried some regular troubleshooting but only fixes it for a couple days then crashing occurs.

i would install a fresh copy of windows 10 on a new 256gb SSD and go from there ;)

Make sure everything is well seated and memory is in the right DIMM slots etc...check all connections and wires...clean dust...check temps...etc.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

@i_build_nanosuitsMy friend has the worst internet and would like to try every other possibility before doing that. We have re-seated the ram twice and can confirm by the manual they are in the correct slots. As far as im concerned every cable is plugged in and should be working. He is using M.2 NVMe 512gb ssd 

2 minutes ago, Sahem said:

@i_build_nanosuitsMy friend has the worst internet and would like to try every other possibility before doing that. We have re-seated the ram twice and can confirm by the manual they are in the correct slots. As far as im concerned every cable is plugged in and should be working. He is using M.2 NVMe 512gb ssd 

the temperatures on the components is fine? have you used HWiNFO64 or something to check? fan RPM is fine on everything nothing too noisy etc..?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

when you temps are fine have cleaned off old thermal paste and applied new paste to the cpu 

Remove all but one stick of ram if it still fails replace it one of the other sticks and it fails again  reload windows also would be a good idea to remove any unneeded hardware and USB devices if its a newer build check that the ram is compatible with the board Crashing when on the web only makes me think its the O/S first and Ram second

The cooler was cool and it says 90c?what software? Maybe it wasn't contacting the heatsink that's why the cooler is cool but temp shows high? Have you tried removing the cooler,reapply thermal paste and putting them back?

Remember to twist and pull the heat sink when removing...I pulled out the cpu before...lucky it still works fine..

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X 4.3Ghz (-0.1V)
  • Motherboard
    MSI MEG X570 ACE
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3200C16D-32GTRS
  • GPU
    GeForce RTX™ 3060 EAGLE OC 12G (rev. 2.0)
  • Case
    Cooler Master MASTERBOX MB520 ARGB + Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB
  • Storage
    ADATA XPG SX8100 2TB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD
    ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB 2.5" SSD
    Toshiba X300 4TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache
    TOSHIBA MG06 (MG06ACA10TE) 10TB 3.5 Inch 7200RPM Enterprise SATA Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 FULL MODULAR
  • Display(s)
    Acer KG271B Gaming Monitor (HDR Ready 27" 1920X1080 240Hz) + MSI PRO MP241
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB
  • Keyboard
    MSI Vigor GK80 RED GAMING KEYBOARD
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red Edition Wired Laser Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Home
  • Router
    Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX 11000

That or there wasn't enought thermal paste under the CPU. But faulty software could be to blame. I recommend using Ryzen Master to check the CPU temps. 

if the system is still crashing, try as people said with the ram. Also, try a separate video card as well for insurance. If those fail, my bet is on the motherboard going bad. CPUs don't go bad. Even if they overheat. Generally a system will just shut down in that case. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD