Do I have enough wattage (750watts)for a custom water loop?

So I wanted to dip my toes into custom water cooling and I have all my parts ready. I'm going with a 360 radiator with a pump and reservoir combo (this is all from ek). However, I want to know if my power supply is able to handle this. Im not a heavy over locker, but do prefer to have at least a little over lock on the cpu and a mild one on the graphics card. I am Going to water cool my gpu and cpu. My radiator planned out for the build is the ek cool stream pe 360 with a pump and reservoir of EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM. My specs are: 

i7 8700k

32 gigs of trident z 3200mhz memory

Asus Z370 gaming e motherboard 

Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti oc

4 extra case fans

Evga G3 750 watt power supply (modular) 

Fractal Design Define r6

And my current aio is the h115i

THANK YOU! 

you have plenty and spare even if you throw another 1080 in there. the watercooling parts dont draw all that much. If available i would suggest using Watercool heatkiller IV blocks over EK. They are better quality and performance for about the same, sometimes less

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you have plenty and spare even if you throw another 1080 in there. the watercooling parts dont draw all that much. If available i would suggest using Watercool heatkiller IV blocks over EK. They are better quality and performance for about the same, sometimes less

you can evet put SLI there lol. 750W is a lot. normally on average people use 550 or even 450

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Yes, that is enough. Especially considering that your power supply unit is a decent one.

Enough power for it. 

Mid recommend not using the pe 360 in the loop by itself. If you do, use it as an exhaust only and get nice fans. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

^^^ Yes yes yes. I run an EK block on my Radeon VII and it's really nice (Watercool hasn't made HKIV blocks for the RVII AFAIK), but the Heatkiller IV block I had for my Vega FE was reeeeally damn well made and slightly cheaper IIRC. Also run a Heatkiller IV block on my CPU, it's amazing. 

750W is plenty, IIRC I ran my 8600K and SLI 1080s off a 650W G3 for a good bit, and like you said "the watercooling parts dont draw all that much". Only thing extra is the pump, you already run fans for air anyways. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

11 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Enough power for it. 

Mid recommend not using the pe 360 in the loop by itself. If you do, use it as an exhaust only and get nice fans. 

OH yeah of course, I'm going to use some static pressure fans

13 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Thanks for the recommendation! Aside from radiator, are all the ek parts good for their price? I specially mean the fittings and water blocks. Thanks

1 hour ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

OH yeah of course, I'm going to use some static pressure fans

Well that may not be enough. Gonna come down to how much noise you can deal with compared to temps. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

Well that may not be enough. Gonna come down to how much noise you can deal with compared to temps. 

if i might ask, how would you want to configure the loop? Im mainly water cooling to reduce my noise and get my cpu which is around 55 to 65 degrees under load and my gpu temps which sit around 66 to 72 degrees. Im hoping for a 10 degree difference while not spending too much more. Thank you!

7 hours ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

Thanks for the recommendation! Aside from radiator, are all the ek parts good for their price? I specially mean the fittings and water blocks. Thanks

El fittings are decent. Not the absolute top but good enough. Blocks are meh and not worth the money if you can get a Heatkiller IV. The pumps are decent unless you go for the ones of their own design(EK DC 4.0 ect) and the tubing is ok but not the best or even the best for the money. Mayhems Ultra Clear is cheap af and better afaik

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 hours ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

if i might ask, how would you want to configure the loop? Im mainly water cooling to reduce my noise and get my cpu which is around 55 to 65 degrees under load and my gpu temps which sit around 66 to 72 degrees. Im hoping for a 10 degree difference while not spending too much more. Thank you!

Couldn’t tell you that. Go for temps first as I have no clue how loud you’re system is now or what fans you will be using. Then just go from there. 

21 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

El fittings are decent. Not the absolute top but good enough. Blocks are meh and not worth the money if you can get a Heatkiller IV. The pumps are decent unless you go for the ones of their own design(EK DC 4.0 ect) and the tubing is ok but not the best or even the best for the money. Mayhems Ultra Clear is cheap af and better afaik

Thanks for the recommendations! For fittings, are they enough to last a while? Im going for soft tubing and are most focused on the longevity of them. Also does choosing ek's own pump mean they are are better or worse?

6 minutes ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

Thanks for the recommendations! For fittings, are they enough to last a while? Im going for soft tubing and are most focused on the longevity of them. Also does choosing ek's own pump mean they are are better or worse?

I use EKs soft tube fittings and have had no issues, they are going to last you quite a while probably.

For the pump just get something with a D5 or a DDC, as long as you pick one of those you are good to go.

Builds:

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I use EKs soft tube fittings and have had no issues, they are going to last you quite a while probably.

For the pump just get something with a D5 or a DDC, as long as you pick one of those you are good to go.

Thank you very much!