Notifications issue with Safari (keep getting the "stay up to date" prompt

Ashleyyyy
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

We don't fully support Safari, so I can't guarantee that it will be fixed. I will look into it when I next get a chance to debug it, although that won't be for at least another week.

I keep getting this: 

38015686_Screenshot2019-10-03at14_03_40.png.01389246f880fc7a15ce7f62a67a39d7.png

and if I click on the gear icon it says that desktop notifications are disabled even though I gave permission already, and if I click the enable button it basically instantly goes to green without prompting me, because I already gave permission. 

macOS Mojave on a real Mac so no hackintosh, Safari 13.0.1

She/Her

Gonna call Safari being the issue here. In which case you have to wait for Apple to fix it.

IIRC Safari is one of those browsers which aren't fully supported, but I might remember wrong.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Gonna call Safari being the issue here. In which case you have to wait for Apple to fix it.

IIRC Safari is one of those browsers which aren't fully supported, but I might remember wrong.

it could be, but if there is a simple fix for it on the forum side of things that's also a solution. 

She/Her

We don't fully support Safari, so I can't guarantee that it will be fixed. I will look into it when I next get a chance to debug it, although that won't be for at least another week.

HTTP/2 203

9 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

ah ok, that's fine. I can use Chrome for the forum in the meantime. 

She/Her

• 2 weeks later...