keyboard and mouse in a console.

muito_gostoso

hello.

i spend my day playing with my laptop master race amd low fps system, and i was thinking to change to a console, but, i really really want the keyboard and the mouse for fps and i dont want to lose the starcraft. 

so for starcraft my latop is ok, but, i change to a console im going to miss the mouse and the keyboard in a xbox or psx, so, it is posible to use keyboard and mouse in a console?

As far as I know, newer consoles do support mouse and keyboard but, some mice might be picky.

You should check if the game has support for it as well before pulling the trigger on a console.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

6 minutes ago, Flott said:

The xbox one do support keyboard + mouse, but only for a few game. As far as I know, the PS4 does not offer mouse + keyboard games.

Minecraft does support it on xbox one.

https://www.windowscentral.com/list-xbox-one-mouse-and-keyboard-games

thank you for the list , awesome call of duty support mouse for now, worth the money a xbox one, than a pc

18 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

As far as I know, newer consoles do support mouse and keyboard but, some mice might be picky.

You should check if the game has support for it as well before pulling the trigger on a console.

this is sad men

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 7:20 PM, muito_gostoso said:

thank you for the list , awesome call of duty support mouse for now, worth the money a xbox one, than a pc

This is absolutely horrible. They should not allow it for multiplayer games. They shouldn't even have crossplay for them. One of the advantages of a console was that everyone was on a level playing field. No longer can you just sit back on your couch with a controller. Now you have not only PC players pitted against you getting insane FPS with m/k precision but even console players with m/k. You pretty much have to use a m/k if you want to be competitive. 

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

This is absolutely horrible. They should not allow it for multiplayer games. They shouldn't even have crossplay for them. One of the advantages of a console was that everyone was on a level playing field. No longer can you just sit back on your couch with a controller. Now you have not only PC players pitted against you getting insane FPS with m/k precision but even console players with m/k. You pretty much have to use a m/k if you want to be competitive. 

i think it is a natural evolution of the consoles allow kb / mouse, old consoles allow it , so fps born with mouse /kb , and nobody can denied that truth.

9 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

i think it is a natural evolution of the consoles allow kb / mouse, old consoles allow it , so fps born with mouse /kb , and nobody can denied that truth.

I'm totally fine with it if it is offline or a game where reactions aren't quite as important such an MMORPG but not in PVP.

I understand the natural evolution argument but if I can't just chill with a controller to stay competitive, I might as well just go play on PC.

56 minutes ago, KeyzHostHD said:

most games have an icon saying if someone is using kb/m and some games do matchmaking input based

An icon only goes so far though. It's useful but you don't want to have to keep leaving lobbies/matches just based on what input your a using. Matchmaking based on input device sounds like a much better idea to me but that can divide the player base and make matchmaking harder as the game ages.

For crossplay, I prefer the idea of being able to choose if I play against people on a different platform. I believe some games do give you that option.

14 minutes ago, KeyzHostHD said:

i think if a game enables you to play crossplay.

xbox n ps4 should be a must when enabling crossplay and you can check a box that also allows pc players, for those who care, but i think most really casual players dont really care they play to have fun not to do good

sure, there are hardcore gamers in consoles? i dont think so. i really think gamers with control can be as god as a keyboard/mouse warrior.