So my cx 450w corsair psu blew up (I ripped the plug out the wall immediately) now my mobo has a green light flickering my gpu and cpu coolers are passive and i have no speaker so is my board shorted?  

Uhhh, you really are not giving much information here.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

1 minute ago, leo1798 said:

Uhhh, you really are not giving much information here.

I don't have a display to see if it posts and the light is the only indicator i have that its on

well what do you mean by "blew up"

pics?

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Okay, then get a display

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8Ghz w/ Arctic Freezer 33 Tower Cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk |  32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz CAS 14 

Sapphire RX 5700XT Pulse | EVGA 650w GQ 80+ Gold Semi-Modular  |  XPG SX6000 512GB Nvme SSD | NZXT H500

Acer XF270HU - 1440p 144Hz Freeesync IPS | Corsair Strafe - Cherry MX Red  |  Logitech G502

Just now, Gegger said:

well what do you mean by "blew up"

pics?

it just made a popping noise and smelled like burnt plastic and im at school right now so I don't have any pics right now.

Well if it's sporadic flickering that's not a good initial indicator.

All you can really do now is take each component and test them individually. You'll need another set of hardware to test each component. The fact it isn't POSTing like it was previously would indicate that something has most likely died due to the PSU's explosive death.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

Well if it's sporadic flickering that's not a good initial indicator.

All you can really do now is take each component and test them individually. You'll need another set of hardware to test each component. The fact it isn't POSTing like it was previously would indicate that something has most likely died due to the PSU's explosive death.

I have no way of knowing if it posts until my display arrives 

1 minute ago, Matthew J Johnson said:

I have no way of knowing if it posts until my display arrives 

So you decided to plug in all your hardware before you had a monitor to test if it would POST?

Well it seems like it would have exploded if you waited or not so it's better to find out sooner rather than later.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

So you decided to plug in all your hardware before you had a monitor to test if it would POST?

Well it seems like it would have exploded if you waited or not so it's better to find out sooner rather than later.

No I wanted to see if the components worked by using a heat detector on the core and gpu

1 minute ago, Matthew J Johnson said:

No I wanted to see if the components worked by using a heat detector on the core and gpu

...not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. The components can heat up but still be D.O.A.

50 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

...not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. The components can heat up but still be D.O.A.

oh thanks for the info im new to pc building so Im a bit of a noob

On 10/2/2019 at 12:28 PM, Windows7ge said:

Looks like my boards bios chip is shorted among others I've learned my lesson don't buy from corsair 

40 minutes ago, Matthew J Johnson said:

Looks like my boards bios chip is shorted among others I've learned my lesson don't buy from corsair 

Corsair is actually a very reputable brand though some series are of better quality than others:

Nothing wrong with buying Corsair you just want to make sure it is a good series. You may be able to open a dispute with Corsair to get the PSU replaced. I can't say how claiming damages will go though. You may need to provide sufficient evidence.

On 10/4/2019 at 7:57 AM, Windows7ge said:

Corsair is actually a very reputable brand though some series are of better quality than others:

Nothing wrong with buying Corsair you just want to make sure it is a good series. You may be able to open a dispute with Corsair to get the PSU replaced. I can't say how claiming damages will go though. You may need to provide sufficient evidence.

Thank's