Is it me or is the Voltage a bit high?

Newly built PC, new to pc building as well. 

I heard that voltage shouldn't be higher than 1.35V when manually OC (assuming it's a 24/7 OC) but my PC with auto OC is giving the CPU 1.47V. Should I be worried? 

PS: Also haven't messed with bios before. Thanks in advance. 

IMG_20191002_170101.jpg

IMG_20191002_165045.jpg

IMG_20191002_165105.jpg

IMG_20191002_165141.jpg

IMG_20191002_165354.jpg

This is ryzen 3rd gen, so it is fine.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

You can try undervolting it if you want by setting a static voltage, but if the temperatures aren't a concern I wouldn't bother.

Maybe just enable PBO and enjoy the 3600

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

That is really warm for idle. One stick of ram at 2133 ? Might consider resetting your cpu cooler. Stock cpu cooler ?

I recommend going to asrock site making sure you have latest updated bios. Resetting any changes to bios defaults and upgrading bios. Reset your cpu cooler to see if you can bring your temps down a bit. One stick of ram for Amd will work but .... dual channel memory config.  What is your ram rating and speed ?

Ryzen benefits greatly from faster ram. Something along the lines of 3000 or 3200 would be ideal budget starting place for your 3600. You will need to get two sticks of 3000 3200 ram. 14 15 16 cas 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0143UM4TC/?tag=pcpapi-20  Something along these lines.

27 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

This is ryzen 3rd gen, so it is fine.

At idle ? No its not fine. Means it gonna thermal throttle under load.( at best ) There is either a problem with the cpu cooler mounting or no air intake in the case that it is in.

6 minutes ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

At idle ? No its not fine. Means it gonna thermal throttle under load.( at best ) There is either a problem with the cpu cooler mounting or no air intake in the case that it is in.

Quite the opposite.

It is only 1.47v at idle, because the cores aren't used for anything, so 7/8 cores are shut off, and the 1 remaining core is 1.47V for a split second and 4.4ghz.

If you put ANY kind of load on it, the voltage quickly drops to 1.1-1.3V depending on the number of cores.

Also bios is always warmer than idle, IDK why, but my cpu is also 60c in bios, but 40c in windows.

So i will stay with what AMD says, and i will say, that it is fine.

30 minutes ago, BigRom said:

You can try undervolting it if you want by setting a static voltage, but if the temperatures aren't a concern I wouldn't bother.

Maybe just enable PBO and enjoy the 3600

Thing is, I'm not sure how to do it when asrock bios isn't too forgiving to rookies. I'll see what I can do. 

And I would even try (after installing the latest bios version):

1. set up RAM frequency and timings according to DRAM calculator for Ryzen.

2. Set a slight negative offset voltage ~-0.025 or -0.05 volts (25-50milliVolt)

3. Customize fan curves for CPU heatsink and case fans.

At least, these three steps are recommended for Ryzen + generation. I don't really know Zen2 though...

Another fine "option": fixing the cpu clock& setting up a slight negative voltage, and around mid-range load-line calibration.

You have a steel Legend board, with lot of options in the BIOS. Don't be afraid to tweak! You miss 99% of the fun!

If anything goes wrong, you can just clear the cmos with a screwdriver (short-circuiting the clean CMOS pins on your mobo)

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

5 minutes ago, KhorCS said:

Thing is, I'm not sure how to do it when asrock bios isn't too forgiving to rookies. I'll see what I can do. 

Take your time and use caution. First make sure everything is updated. Get ram as soon as you can. Try to drive down the idle temps into the 40 c area if possible. Do not get hung up on the overclocking side of things. Establish your base line norms for your pc.

28 minutes ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

That is really warm for idle. One stick of ram at 2133 ? Might consider resetting your cpu cooler. Stock cpu cooler ?

I recommend going to asrock site making sure you have latest updated bios. Resetting any changes to bios defaults and upgrading bios. Reset your cpu cooler to see if you can bring your temps down a bit. One stick of ram for Amd will work but .... dual channel memory config.  What is your ram rating and speed ?

Ryzen benefits greatly from faster ram. Something along the lines of 3000 or 3200 would be ideal budget starting place for your 3600. You will need to get two sticks of 3000 3200 ram. 14 15 16 cas 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0143UM4TC/?tag=pcpapi-20  Something along these lines.

Ram is running at the rated speeds (cheap gskill ram 2100 MHz that someone scammed me into buying when I bought a prebuilt i5-6400 pc) , didn't mess with that, buying new ones after I get this rig up to pace. 

Yes the cooler come along with the 3600.

Admittedly Bios is not up to date but I don't have a LAN cable as of now so will do it in a few days, current Ver 2.3, latest Ver 2.70

7 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Quite the opposite.

It is only 1.47v at idle, because the cores aren't used for anything, so 7/8 cores are shut off, and the 1 remaining core is 1.47V for a split second and 4.4ghz.

If you put ANY kind of load on it, the voltage quickly drops to 1.1-1.3V depending on the number of cores.

Also bios is always warmer than idle, IDK why, but my cpu is also 60c in bios, but 40c in windows.

So i will stay with what AMD says, and i will say, that it is fine.

I have yet to install ryzen master, nor is the bios up to date, this version came inside the box. Maybe it'll be better after I do those things? 

1 minute ago, KhorCS said:

I have yet to install ryzen master, nor is the bios up to date, this version came inside the box. Maybe it'll be better after I do those things? 

Yes.......

But it does sound like a jet engine when I power it on lol, kinda surprised that the temperatures are at 65c idle 

22 minutes ago, KhorCS said:

Update to the newest bios definitely.

But my experience with the stock cooler was also disappointing.