[Questions, discussion, etc] Phone Chipsets 101

Okay, so basically I'd love to know what chipsets are best. Not just in general, but for different price ranges of smartphones, such as mid-range, budget, etc. To start, my phone has a snapdragon 425 (yikes), and it would be great to know how newer budget or mid-range chipsets compare.

20 hours ago, huilun02 said:

The phone chipset is like a computer motherboard with soldered on processor. No RAM, storage, power supply, display, or anything else essential for the thing to be usable. Except in a phone all those stuff have been pre-picked and are non modular. Phones with the same chipset can have wildly varying components, and can be the worst or best phone someone has ever used.

You might want to rethink your approach to phone evaluation.

Yea, there are other factors at play, it isn't just the chipsets that decides the phone. However, it is one of if not the biggest factors. An apple a12 bionic with 4 gigs of ram is most likely gonna be better than a helio p60 with 8 gigs of ram. I get ur point tho. I'm currently looking for a new midrange phone and am trying to get the whole picture. Right now I'm liking the meizu 16xs, the bold n1, and the mi 9t. To know how each fares in mild gaming and multitasking is what I'm after