Review my build ( don't go too hard on me)

4 minutes ago, br0keN2 said:

I unprivated it :) silly me

looks to still be private. Why not just share the permalink? It's at the top left of the build, like this:

image.png.c2b30603b83b95b9204af15f36976889.png

also be sure to quote people so we see your responses

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

looks to still be private. Why not just share the permalink? It's at the top left of the build, like this:

image.png.c2b30603b83b95b9204af15f36976889.png

also be sure to quote people so we see your responses

6 minutes ago, br0keN2 said:

is this for gaming only?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

is this for gaming only?

Yes, and maybe a little bit of video editing, I want to mainly play csgo at 200+ fps (medium/low settings) but have the confidence that I can run other games.

Just now, br0keN2 said:

Yes, and maybe a little bit of video editing, I want to mainly play csgo at 200+ fps (medium/low settings) but have the confidence that I can run other games.

in which case the Ryzen 5 3600 would be a better buy

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

in which case the Ryzen 5 3600 would be a better buy

I originally selected that one, but the compatibility warning scared me

Just now, br0keN2 said:

You just need a BIOS update. If you get an MSI board, most of those don't even need a CPU to do that, they have a BIOS flashback feature. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, br0keN2 said:

If you purchase a motherboard that requires a BIOS update to work with the 3600, AMD will ship a free loaner CPU if you contact customer support and provide proof of purchase. 

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

If you purchase a motherboard that requires a BIOS update to work with the 3600, AMD will ship a free loaner CPU if you contact customer support and provide proof of purchase. 

What is a loaner cpu :( ?

What is a loaner cpu :( ?

They loan you a basic CPU to do the BIOS update if your board can't flashback by itself, then you send the borrowed CPU back. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

They loan you a basic CPU to do the BIOS update if your board can't flashback by itself, then you send the borrowed CPU back. 

So would that be my plan B if I can't flash it

So would that be my plan B if I can't flash it

if you want a motherboard that can flash without a CPU:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9C97YJ/msi-b450m-gaming-plus-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-gaming-plus

it has a button in the back that uses a flash drive to install. useful if you don't want to wait in the mail for the loaner CPU

Primary PC:

15 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

if you want a motherboard that can flash without a CPU:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9C97YJ/msi-b450m-gaming-plus-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-gaming-plus

it has a button in the back that uses a flash drive to install. useful if you don't want to wait in the mail for the loaner CPU

I should be  able to flash the board that I already have listed since it supports Q-Flash

6 minutes ago, br0keN2 said:

I should be  able to flash the board that I already have listed since it supports Q-Flash

ah that it does

Primary PC:

49 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

ah that it does

But Q-flash requires the components to be in the and it will only work if it has a supported cpu installed. so guess im redoing the list, but hey atleast Im learning allot :)