Need help in choosing a mid range laptop

I am thinking of buying Acer aspire 5s which costs 500$

specs include:

• Intel Core i5 8th Gen 8265U (1.60 GHz)
  • 8 GB Memory 512 GB SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce MX250
  • 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit

II am currently using an Sony Vaio with a second gen i5 2540M processor, 1 terabyte hard drive no graphic card at all and 4gigs of DDR3. I am also into music production and the Sony Vaio has been supporting my music production for a while now but if I load if I load up too many Vst synthesisers it causes audio clipping so I wanted to know that if I am buying this laptop would it be able to perfectly do all that type of work this older computer.

I kind of know that this laptop for provide me with the performance that I need and Some of you guys may be thinking that I am a asshole and doesn't know anything about processors yeah u might be right. The problem is that the older laptop I have already gives me about 2.4 gigahertz of base clock and the Turbo boost clock of about 3 ghz and the Acer aspire that I would be buying has 1.5 gigahertz base clock and 3.7 gigahertz Turbo boost frequency so is it okay to go with the acer?

Plus I wanted to know that would it be able to provide light gaming like pubg pc, fortnite, Apex legends

Even if it's at mid or low graphic settings?

And finally can I do midocre video editing In adobe premier without any issue on the acer?

Thanks in advance

gaming wise the mx250 is equal around 920m 2gb  so not really worth or maybe at an extremly low settings... i have an 920m and fps games wise it cant run anything really well... since view distance is key from what i understand i cant reccomend it otherwise for that price its one hell of a deal to get a 500gb ssd and an 8th gen i5 is very good.

Some EU input to Canadian IT :D 

The acer you've mentioned is a decent spec for $500. the 8th gen i5 should fly through general tasks. Don't expect much from the MX250, you'll probably get 30ish fps on PUBG at native resolution, if you would be looking to play that, i'd recommend putting a bit more cash towards getting something with a GTX 1650 or better - for example this lenovo ideapad L340.

8 minutes ago, nextg3n said:

gaming wise the mx250 is equal around 920m 2gb

where are you getting that number from?

a mx250 is a gt 1030. and depending on the TDP it may be a bit slower. and the gt 1030 is decent for what it is. 

22 minutes ago, aayushp said:

Acer aspire that I would be buying has 1.5 gigahertz base clock and 3.7 gigahertz Turbo boost frequency so is it okay to go with the acer?

you get 2 extra cores which is the reason for the lower base clock. 

the laptop seems like an OK deal, no overview over build quality tho. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

where are you getting that number from?

a mx250 is a gt 1030. and depending on the TDP it may be a bit slower. and the gt 1030 is decent for what it is. 

sorry, might be mixing up something, mybad :) 

Some EU input to Canadian IT :D