Server cabinet

Faisal A

Does anybody know where I can get a server cabinet for a HP DL 380 G7. It needs to be from ebay amazon or another trust able website and relatively cheap Maximum £100. I kind of regret not getting a smaller server now

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

6 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Does anybody know where I can get a server cabinet for a HP DL 380 G7. It needs to be from ebay amazon or another trust able website and relatively cheap Maximum £100. I kind of regret not getting a smaller server now

i use a middle atlantic audio rack for all my servers, tough it's a little too small to house my Proliant G6 nicely. the back is sticking out a bit.

alternatively the cheapest way to mount a server is to get the IKEA rack:

8184ab11849051f4fa0f66f50b0ac97d.jpg.a09b38419b3714f0bd284e042d39114a.jpg

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i use a middle atlantic audio rack for all my servers, tough it's a little too small to house my Proliant G6 nicely. the back is sticking out a bit.

alternatively the cheapest way to mount a server is to get the IKEA rack:

8184ab11849051f4fa0f66f50b0ac97d.jpg.a09b38419b3714f0bd284e042d39114a.jpg

IKEA is the solution to everything. 

1 minute ago, Faisal A said:

@RollinLower It needs to be approved as it is being used in a commercial envronment

how large should the rack be? are you planning to use just the Proliant or do you have other stuff like networking gear or more servers you want to mount?

@RollinLower I have got a sperate rack for the router switch and audio gear e.t.c. I really don't want to wall mount it and I dont think the fire and safety Marshall is going to be happy and sees a server running at full speed hanging of a plasterboard.

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

6 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@RollinLower I have got a sperate rack for the router switch and audio gear e.t.c. I really don't want to wall mount it and I dont think the fire and safety Marshall is going to be happy and sees a server running at full speed hanging of a plasterboard.

do you want ti to be a enclosed rack, or is something like a small audio rack also okay? 

maybe check out some of Samson's offerings. your server will be sticking out the back a bit though, as most audio racks are a bit shorter than server racks.

http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/accessories/racks/srk8/

otherwise your options are pretty slim. most actual server racks go for pretty astronomical prices afaik.

5 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

I really don't want to wall mount it and I dont think the fire and safety Marshall is going to be happy and sees a server running at full speed hanging of a plasterboard.

You'd use a stud finder and mount on that.

43 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

relatively cheap Maximum £100

For the depth you require this isn't going to possible, nothing new will be close to this price so unless you're willing to ebay a used one you're going to need to spend way more. This small APC for example is £1,150.80 inc VAT: https://www.apc.com/shop/ye/en/products/APC-NetShelter-SX-12U-Server-Rack-Enclosure-600mm-x-1070mm-w-Sides-Black-Shock-Packaging/P-AR3103SP

3 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@leadeater The server only cost £300

I'd add to your fall back options getting an ML350 G7 which is a tower model, you can re-use most of the parts in the DL380 G7 with it i.e. CPU, RAM and HDDs.

Just now, Faisal A said:

@leadeater Thats another £400 and I already hhave the dl350

I know, but it's cheaper than having to get a new rack if that's how it's going to end up.