Help! Can someone identify my problem?

Hey! I have the monitor ASUS PG278QR and it is now about 2 years old and I have noticed recently that I have bright ''burned'' in horizontal line and the search tool in the bottom left side also seems to be ''burned'' in. Do anyone of you recognize this problem and is there anything I can do about it?

Some additional information and picutre:

- The line and the search tool burned in is very visible aginst a grey background with an almost green/yellow colour.

- The line and the search tool burned in is pretty much not visible on a white background and is shown very little aginst a completely black background

- I have changed cable and it didnt work. Even when the monitor is not connected to a computer but still on, the line and seach tool can be seen as shown in the picture.

- I have updated my drivers.

- I have tried different resolutions and refresh rates.

- In the picture I used a completely grey background for the test purposes and to better show my problem.

Thanks alot in advance.

71017783_365499807663495_3596848262142754816_n.jpg

That looks like a fd up panel to me, sadly :/

Besides getting the panel replaced there is not much you can do

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

57 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

That looks like a fd up panel to me, sadly :/

Besides getting the panel replaced there is not much you can do

Yeah I kinda figured that it wont be much I can do about it... which suck cus its a great monitor and it was fairly expensive for me. Besides, shouldnt a monitor be functional after 2 years atleast?

1 hour ago, Kryppan said:

Yeah I kinda figured that it wont be much I can do about it... which suck cus its a great monitor and it was fairly expensive for me. Besides, shouldnt a monitor be functional after 2 years atleast?

YES! It should def. Be... but I guess your warranty and shit is gone, right?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

6 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

YES! It should def. Be... but I guess your warranty and shit is gone, right?

Yeah, I had a 1 year warranty so it is gone by now. And because this problem was not there at the start and happend just recently the refound policy in my country wont help me aswell due to the fact I cant really tell how this problem occurred. I have mailed ASUS however and see what they have to say about this problem.

Another fact to add in however is that before this happend I had problems with ''out of range'' error so in order to temporarily fix that I deactivated my GPU and updated my NIVIDIA drivers which solved that error. But now I am dealing with the problem stated in this post. I do not personally see how those problems would relate to eachothers tho, but I am not experienced and perhaps those two problems are related.