Spilled coke on laptop and don't know what to do

mankeez

Hey yall, I screwed up.

I spilled a really small amount of coke on the left side of the keyboard of my Acer Aspire 3 A315-51 laptop. The coke hit the side of the laptop, some small amount spilled on the extreme left of the keyboard (mostly on the bezel and the keys) and the can fell on the table which is where most of the liquid ended up. It remained on for about a minute and then I turned it off. I took off two of the keys and it didn't look like liquid had been there at all. I'm scared I spilled enough to corrode traces on the mobo but not enough to dry it out without fully disassembling it which I can't comfortably do because I'm not at home (and I don't have tools) plus its 12:26 and every tech store is closed. How worried should I be? I think the warranty covers this stuff (it's a 2 year warranty and i bought it in Aug 2019).

I know I'm just another poor fool wit butter fingers, but I need help. What do I do? Do I risk not doing anything and letting it dry (possibly screwing it up?) or risk disassembling it with a pointy knife? I tried looking it up but every guide covers a large spill, I don't think this spill reached 10 drops of coke. I know liquid is slick and will slip through anything but still. Help!

Unlikely to be corrosion in such a short period more likely to be a short due to liquid across contacts. I suggest getting something like a fan and blowing air passively into one of the vents for a few hours and try booting up in the morning. I would NOT suggest dismantling it if it is still under warranty because the second you do that warranty will become void. 

Warrranty does not cover damage you do to your own device though, especially water damage. I'd recommend taking the battery out if possible take at least the bottom out as it should be easy. and use a hair dryer to dry it