#ROGRigReboot19 Countries Excluded

42 minutes ago, Yanashydo said:

before you do ANYTHING, read the Terms & Conditions, you will safe yourself a lot of trouble and/or at least a lot of time. 

That's a good lesson for all of us who didn't use to read them, that's for sure... ?

Not that I'll start reading these paaaages-long pop-ups when I install things but I'll definitely be more cautious from now on haha.

42 minutes ago, Yanashydo said:

About the point, that they could mention it somewhere, you are right, they could, but you could as well click on the Terms & Conditions first, before spending time with your entry. Simple as that. 

Yes, that's a fair point and that's true, but seeing the relatively big amount of people who didn't seem to know either, I really think it's more a problem of communication from their side, rather than "you guys should have read these super important rules hidden in that tiny link that we never mentioned anywhere".

I mean, there were just TWO rules : "be older than 13, and don't be from these countries". How hard would it have been to copy/paste them anywhere else ? You can't really expect teenagers to have the instant reflex to dive in terms and conditions links, can you ?

But yeah, as you said, that will serve as a good lesson for all of us in the end. It still was valuable experience and it still was fun to work on our videos !

11 hours ago, Yanashydo said:

before you do ANYTHING, read the Terms & Conditions, you will safe yourself a lot of trouble and/or at least a lot of time. 

Hey, man. The problem that I had and I'm assuming many others had as well isn't that we saw the Terms & Conditions link and decided to just skip reading it; the problem is that none of us saw it until it was too late. 

I'm certainly old enough to know to read the rules and T&C before applying for anything, but I read over everything on that page multiple times and it wasn't until after the deadline passed and all the other text of how to apply was removed from the page that I saw the small link on the very bottom of the page for T&C. 

Yeah, obviously I'm upset that my video I spent a lot of time working on isn't going to make it because I'm in Taiwan. I'm upset Taiwan is excluded at all because that's where Asus is from. The biggest upset for me, and what is sounding like for others as well, is that it wasn't clearly communicated. In the end of it all, it's just more work for everyone and that's a shame. 

I obviously accept the ultimate responsibility for not seeing and reading the T&C. I just hope that in the future, these things can be a bit better communicated. 

On 9/28/2019 at 8:05 AM, VegetableStu said:

wait, has there been a North Korean entry so far? o_o

EDIT: i joke, but i'm also super curious now

Was trying to but had no time.

my terrible laptop: CPU: i5-2450M at 2.60 ghz base (however goes up to 3.30 ghz on any steam game i run. odd.) GPU: integrated Quadro NVS 4200m (garbage. the reason that this is terrible.) 6GB of ram, 300GB HDD. refurbished Dell Latitude Esomething. got it for like 140 bucks on amazon.

2 hours ago, BellyandKen said:

I obviously accept the ultimate responsibility for not seeing and reading the T&C. I just hope that in the future, these things can be a bit better communicated. 

Knowing that they were looking to hire someone for community relations and communications hopefully improves things. There should have been "... Terms and Conditions may apply..." mentioned somewhere, and it clearly wasn't.

Why a country is excluded you as a citizen should research yourself. My country has all laws and regulations available free online, but had no such luck quickly checking about Taiwan for example. The giveaway is paid by Asus, but I expect it to be Asus USA, not the mother-branch. Items would be shipped from Canada to Taiwan. So saying that Taiwan should be included just because Asus is Taiwanese company isn't that simple from regulatory standpoint.

Keeping my own country, Finland, as example. Any free-to-participate thing is pretty much non-regulated. This has caused issues already here. Anything imported outside of the ETA (European Trade Agreement) will be eligible for tax and duties if retail price is over €150. This includes gifts and stuff which is under 6 months in use. Sure you could go around these by committing fraud, but Asus as company wouldn't.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I did check the gambling law and similar cases in Hong Kong.I believe it is not going to violate any law.

Since we submitted a video which mean the best one is going to win. This kind of event held in Hong Kong before. Nothing really happened. I would say this is more like a competition.

Those cases ended up in court is because that is pure luck.They don't even ask a question before randomly picking one.

Tax is also not a problem here.

But why Hong Kong is excluded?