DC LED studio lighting or other ideas for flicker-less lighting

bololabich

I'm looking for lighting solutions for a small studio that wouldn't cause flicker on any framerate. As is now. there are regular 50Hz AC lights causing flicker at 60Hz and we might want to do some slow-mo or higher framerate videos in the future thus I'm looking some better lighting solution. Would regular LEDs powered by AC -> DC power adapter work well or are there some better solution?
Side note, I do know it can all be compensated for in software and camera settings but we want to upgrade lighting regardless so why not to go all the way :D 

If you buy good quality video lights that should be taken care of for you.  The flickering is not nessisarly due to ac current but instead that the light controler useing pwm to control brightness vs strait voltage control.

On 9/27/2019 at 3:55 PM, bololabich said:

I'm looking for lighting solutions for a small studio that wouldn't cause flicker on any framerate. As is now. there are regular 50Hz AC lights causing flicker at 60Hz and we might want to do some slow-mo or higher framerate videos in the future thus I'm looking some better lighting solution. Would regular LEDs powered by AC -> DC power adapter work well or are there some better solution?
Side note, I do know it can all be compensated for in software and camera settings but we want to upgrade lighting regardless so why not to go all the way :D 

On 9/27/2019 at 8:56 PM, Thanatopsis said:

If you buy good quality video lights that should be taken care of for you.  The flickering is not nessisarly due to ac current but instead that the light controler useing pwm to control brightness vs strait voltage control.

Second this, buy a quality video light (or several, depending on what you need to do) and you should be set.

Aputure has some great quality stuff for very reasonable prices.