Cant install windows on my laptop

Stewe

First im sorry for my terrible english but Guys i need help fast and you are the best, i watch every video on youtube, pls help i bought for my wife a brand new Lenovo Ideapad 330 with i5 and GTX2050 2GB, 1TB HDD, for surprise on our anniversary without an os bcs it was 150€ cheaper, and i put together some desktop before but i cant install win10 on this laptop, every time i try to create a partition it does nothing and an error is showing, i never seen this error before: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.", is there something in bios that im missing?! and there is a 1gb partition alredy created shold i delete it?! Or are there some necessary drivers?

Hi Stewe

regarding your problem:

This error message appears because of the partition which is already on the hard drive.

Just delete it. Since you bought your notebook without OS there can't be any necessary data on there.

Before you can install format   the complete drive and you are good to go.

Regarding the drivers: YOu can find them at the download section of lenovo after your installation.

Sidenote: In case your notebook is kind of slow, you might want to swap out your internal HDD with a SSD (shouldn't be more than 50€ for 120GB) - it will give you significantly more performance!

2 minutes ago, JeJaRaLa said:

delete all partition from the disk and try again. let windows  create all partition

you can  tryto format the drive with some live  usb ,

Agreed. This error is generated when the drive used has a MBR partition table and you are booted within UEFI modus instead of legacy for some reason the installer is not smart enough to just whipe the MBR and create a GPT instead hence you have to do that manually.

Ok, if i undestand correctly, its some like when you format one partition ntfs and the oher one you want fat32 but its not allowing it bcs there is already one with ntfs. And i will upgrade it with an nvme SSD after the waranty ends, i could send it back and they would put on in but i dont want to wait a mounth, they are to slow, but it will be my wifes decision from tomorow :). After i finish at work and get home i will delete the partition. And after i delete the partition do i need restart or i can creat new immediatly?

5 minutes ago, Stewe said:

Ok, if i undestand correctly, its some like when you format one partition ntfs and the oher one you want fat32 but its not allowing it bcs there is already one with ntfs. And i will upgrade it with an nvme SSD after the waranty ends, i could send it back and they would put on in but i dont want to wait a mounth, they are to slow, but it will be my wifes decision from tomorow :). After i finish at work and get home i will delete the partition. And after i delete the partition do i need restart or i can creat new immediatly?

From the partition screen press Shift & F10

Type Diskpart then hit enter

Type Select Disk 0 then hit enter

Type Clean then hit enter

Type Convert GPT then hit enter

Type Exit then hit enter

Close command prompt

Click next and it should continue as normal

It's not working because the partition table is the wrong type for a UEFI installation. Removing all the partitions will not change the partition table, you must convert it manually.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

So i deleted the partition and created a new and it works, win is instaled, now downloading geforceexperience :). Thank you all for the help you are the best THANK YOU ALL