Worth upgrading my GPU?

O20bvious

I currently have an i5-6600k overclocked to 4.2Ghz and a Gtx 1060 6GB overclocked to 4189Mhz memory and a 1726Mhz core clock speed.
I have some spare money and was thinking about selling my 1060 and buying a 1660ti.

Usually play esports titles like Overwatch, Rocket League, Apex and some single players like Witcher 3 and BL3 (All at 1080p 144hz) But in almost all games I prefer to lower settings to get the max FPS possible.
I just not sure if upgrading will see a decent uptick in performance or if I will just run into cpu bottlenecking and get no worthwhile FPS increases.

ty for any help!

37 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

No point if you're just targeting 144hz at minimum settings lol. Why

Because in newer games, like say apex legends im struggling to maintain close to 144fps. Often playing around 100 with drops

11 minutes ago, O20bvious said:

Because in newer games, like say apex legends im struggling to maintain close to 144fps. Often playing around 100 with drops

Does it really make a difference..... I'm playing Apex 1080 ultra with an RX 580 on a 1080 TV, still getting decent gameplay.

Upgrading GPU at those prices i worth waiting rebate or the next generation, they are ripping us off.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

22 minutes ago, Mathieu9836 said:

Does it really make a difference..... I'm playing Apex 1080 ultra with an RX 580 on a 1080 TV, still getting decent gameplay.

Upgrading GPU at those prices i worth waiting rebate or the next generation, they are ripping us off.

I was more trying to find out what kind of a performance difference I would see

1 hour ago, Saksham said:

not worth it. if you are playing at min settings, its not worth. 

Is this a subjective "you dont think its worth the money" or do you not think il see any performance difference?

25 minutes ago, O20bvious said:

Is this a subjective "you dont think its worth the money" or do you not think il see any performance difference?

Look at benchmarks, see what performance gains you get and then you can ask yourself if XX additional FPS is worth the XX money you have to give. IMO that performance gain is not worth the money.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

7 hours ago, O20bvious said:

kinda both. its a very minor upgrade from the 1060. its mostly in the range of about +30% in raw performance. 

look at benchmarks from reviews to see fps gains. 

if you really want a noticeable upgrade, go for atleast the 1070 or the 2060 (they both are the same performance).

if you want, you could get a used 1070 for about the same price as the 1660 while being slight better (about +10% in raw performance). 

its really your choice