more or less fans are quieter

EmoChipmonk

So i plan on having all Noctua fans in the end but how many fans is what im unsure of. Whats better for noise. More fans at a lower rpm or few er fans at a higher speed.

Also other question for bonus points would this rule also apply to fans on a radiators? (like more radiators with more fans but all at low rpms)

What parts are being cooled?

well the the WC part if i do that it would be a loop per part. As for the air cooling part it would be just case fans in a while air cooled build. Im a bit of a quiet freak as my current build has 2 200mm fans it came with and am stuck with and htey got loud over the years.

The lower the rpm could make your system more hot as you increase your workload. You could get some rubber fan fasteners too instead of using screws to avoid a rattle when keeping your fans in place.

4 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

The lower the rpm could make your system more hot as you increase your workload. You could get some rubber fan fasteners too instead of using screws to avoid a rattle when keeping your fans in place.

Thats why i was wondering if having more fans at just a lower rpm make it quieter then fewer fans at a higher one. in either plan ALL fans will be fan controlled.

19 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

Also yes that is apart of the plan as well.

22 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Thats why i was wondering if having more fans at just a lower rpm make it quieter then fewer fans at a higher one. in either plan ALL fans will be fan controlled.

This article may help https://www.howtogeek.com/303078/how-to-manage-your-pcs-fans-for-optimal-airflow-and-cooling/#targetText=Big or little%3A Generally bigger,if your case supports them.

It depends on how much cooling you need and what cooling configurations are possible. 

Please list your specs, where you're shopping / located, and budget. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Since the parts of the build are irrelevant to the question, I'll chime in. Assuming same fans being used, less but faster is louder than more but slower. 

5 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Since the parts of the build are irrelevant to the question, I'll chime in. Assuming same fans being used, less but faster is louder than more but slower. 

Thank you Thats all i needed to know.

7 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It depends on how much cooling you need and what cooling configurations are possible. 

Please list your specs, where you're shopping / located, and budget. 

The parts are kinda irrelivent since its a more generalixed questiom.

3 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

The parts are kinda irrelivent since its a more generalixed questiom.

The generalized answer is that it can be either. 

Fewer fans are quieter but sometimes you need more fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.