LAPTOP BATTERY NOT CHARGING

cowpker4life

HWiNFO64 picks up the battery and says everything is fine but windows is saying not charging but plugged in and when i unplug it just shuts off. any ideas? tyia

Loose ribbon cable from the battery most likely.

Screw the device open and reseat the cable. Utterly easy as far as laptop repairs go.

If it's not that you are either looking at a dead battery or a dead charger.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, Nord said:

Loose ribbon cable from the battery most likely.

Screw the device open and reseat the cable. Utterly easy as far as laptop repairs go.

If it's not that you are either looking at a dead battery or a dead charger.

Afraid it something worse now. Started not turning on just the led for power button after taking apart a few times keyboard lit up and seemed like was power cycling but display is black. Atm getting it to stay powered up keyboard stays lit up and all but screen dose not come and keyboard dose nothing. Have keys on keyboard to disable the rbg and stuff. The keys don't seem to do anything checked all the cables but don't know it seems to keep slowly getting further into the boot cycle now just missing display and keyboard. Dose not push image to other display.  Tried messing around with the 2 sticks of ram and just removing them and get nothing differnt.

Still sounds like either charger or battery.

I mean it could be something else but the most likely ones are still these two.
You can probably get the device to boot temporarily if you try the battery reset “button” on the bottom of the deck, if it has such a button. Or by just removing the battery from the system - or rather just unplugging it.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.