BSOD everywhere

batatas

Idk what the heck is happening but my PC went crazy, today alone it showed 6 blue screens all with diferentes errors the PC does not even turn off anymore or restart i have to press the button until it turns off.

Idk what i should do to troubleshoot this but im gonna Run a memtest86 to see what it says.

My specs are a ASUS Z370i mobo, i5 8600k, 16gb RAM Corsair Dominator platinum, ASUS strix GTX 1070ti.

By the way none of the parts are overclocked, i was planning on it but didnt had time yet to actually overclock it, everything is at stock speeds.

The PC is not even an year old i dont understand what is happening hope you guys can help me.

Edited by batatas

Can you list a couple (or all) of the error codes the BSOD gave you? Were any of them WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR?

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Can you list a couple (or all) of the error codes the BSOD gave you? Were any of them WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR?

There was one related to memory i think two of them where related to ntfs system one of them was something related to Windows itself there was one that was something about critical structure corruption, some occured when the computer is on others when the computer is turning on and sometimes they happen and other times everything works fine.

9 minutes ago, batatas said:

There was one related to memory i think two of them where related to ntfs system one of them was something related to Windows itself there was one that was something about critical structure corruption, some occured when the computer is on others when the computer is turning on and sometimes they happen and other times everything works fine.

Do most of these crashes happen spontaneously or when you happen to be doing something in particular? Gaming? Rendering? Idle? Any particular applications it seems as if it's crashing on more frequently than anything else? Have you identified any patters like this or is it just completely random?

Just now, batatas said:

This is not good right only 1 hour in...

A definite indicator that you have a RAM problem. Let it finish and what you can try doing is remove a stick of RAM and see if it behaves better. If not remove another. Swap them, exchange them, and see if it chances anything.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

A definite indicator that you have a RAM problem. Let it finish and what you can try doing is remove a stick of RAM and see if it behaves better. If not remove another. Swap them, exchange them, and see if it chances anything.

Yeah im gonna let this end during the night i have other sticks of RAM too so i may try them if i see that this ones are bad. Tomorrow after work i will try that thanks for the help.

Btw the BSOD are completely random there is no pattern at all, actually i dont think it has ever crashed during a game only when browsing the web, even when no one is using the computer it can crash.

3 minutes ago, batatas said:

Yeah im gonna let this end during the night i have other sticks of RAM too so i may try them if i see that this ones are bad. Tomorrow after work i will try that thanks for the help.

Btw the BSOD are completely random there is no pattern at all, actually i dont think it has ever crashed during a game only when browsing the web, even when no one is using the computer it can crash.

RAM could definitely be the source of the problem then. Do report back.

If I"m correct...and this is a stretch...a 8600K in a Z270 board shouldn't really be possible...(mentioned in first post). That could be some of the problem.

19 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

RAM could definitely be the source of the problem then. Do report back.

IMG_20190923_052232.thumb.jpg.ee48261275e5ffe10121a53b6fde7e07.jpgIt looks like the test was aborted due to errors.

Just took a 16 gb kit from other PC i have to run the test again, lets see if my Dominator Platinum is fucked.

19 hours ago, nbrowser said:

If I"m correct...and this is a stretch...a 8600K in a Z270 board shouldn't really be possible...(mentioned in first post). That could be some of the problem.

Oh  i mistyped its actually a Z370 board.

3 minutes ago, batatas said:

It looks like the test was aborted due to errors.

Just took a 16 gb kit from other PC i have to run the test again, lets see if my Dominator Platinum is fucked.

I didn't know MemTextx86 could "crash" from too many errors.

Let us know what errors it reports with a different kit. If they're just as bad we could be looking at a motherboard or CPU issue. If you get none then that's one problem solved. If you're lucky that will be the only one.

52 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I didn't know MemTextx86 could "crash" from too many errors.

Let us know what errors it reports with a different kit. If they're just as bad we could be looking at a motherboard or CPU issue. If you get none then that's one problem solved. If you're lucky that will be the only one.

For now is looking good , looks like my Corsair kit is fucked i may try to see if the problem is only on one stick.

1569265614546502618839.thumb.jpg.aecc55c3ab5c7047495e932a95c60fd3.jpg

5 minutes ago, batatas said:

For now is looking good , looks like my Corsair kit is fucked i may try to see if the problem is only on one stick.

Most likely it's only one stick or the other. If it's both that'd be either a factory defect for the batch or possibly they got hit with static shock and that passed between both modules.

Did you buy them recently? Are they still within the return/exchange period?

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Most likely it's only one stick or the other. If it's both that'd be either a factory defect for the batch or possibly they got hit with static shock and that passed between both modules.

Did you buy them recently? Are they still within the return/exchange period?

I got them in December last year so i can exchange them.