zenbook brightness buttons changing brightness

kmce

Hi, last month i bought a zenbook S UX391UA-ET082T, and recently brightness has not been changing when it should. F4 and F5 are the keys for the brightness, so when I press these the icon for the brightness shows, showing the brightness increasing/decreasing. but the brightness doesnt actually change. For it to take affect, I need to go into chrome and tap on the trackpad using two fingers. I am sure when I first got the laptop the brightness was working the way it should. It has only started to do this recently. I have no idea what the issue could be. The buttons are obviously working since it shows the icon, and the brightness will eventually change when I take another action. I am really confused at this. If anyone might have an idea of what the problem could be, it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT : Discovered something else. The tapping I need to do to change the brightness does not work when the laptop is plugged in, it only works on battery. So when the laptop is charging I have no way to change the brightness

31 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

What happens if you try and change brightness within Windows itself?

Same as before, it doesnt seem to change, but if i tap on the trackpad, it will take effect.