Critique my rig

Electronix

Fixed it for ya ;)

If you can get a new one for another $39, it's obviously a much better deal.

Not everyone has that extra $40 and they decide to buy a used one because they don't want to wait. So again, it has nothing to do with exploiting anyone. They aren't being labeled as new, no one is lieing about their specs. If someone chooses to buy a used one over a new one for whatever reason then that is their choice.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

CPU: Core i7 4770k 3.5 GHz

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600 GSkill Ripjaws X

Mobo: Asus Z87-A

GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 270X

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

cooler: stock cooler (Noctua NH-D14 soon)

Storage:  250 GB Samsung 840 SSD + 1TB HDD

PSU: 700W OCZ 

What is the use for this PC? 

I find it funny that nobody even bothered to ask what you would be doing with it before they started saying, get this and get that and upgrade this. 

Anyway, I think your PC is a pretty balanced system that should do everything well for a decent cost. If you wanted to get your PC to be better at one particular application whilst sacrificing performance in others, then you can probably make some changes. For example, if you were gaming, a good option would be to go with the 4670K and jump up to a 280X. This will give you more FPS in games at the sacrifice of video editing, CAD, 3D and MATLAB style work which benefit a lot from the i7. 

Also, lastly, if you are staying with your current build, a 700W PSU is very much overkill, your system will probably need no more than a 430W PSU, but I would go with a 550W instead, this will be enough to power your computer with a 280X. I think a good PSU for you would be the RM550 from Corsair. Of course, if you wanted, you can go with a bigger PSU to give you headroom for Crossfire, but a lot of people who say that they will go SLI or Crossfire actually never end up doing it. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

What is the use for this PC? 

I find it funny that nobody even bothered to ask what you would be doing with it before they started saying, get this and get that and upgrade this. 

Anyway, I think your PC is a pretty balanced system that should do everything well for a decent cost. If you wanted to get your PC to be better at one particular application whilst sacrificing performance in others, then you can probably make some changes. For example, if you were gaming, a good option would be to go with the 4670K and jump up to a 280X. This will give you more FPS in games at the sacrifice of video editing, CAD, 3D and MATLAB style work which benefit a lot from the i7. 

Also, lastly, if you are staying with your current build, a 700W PSU is very much overkill, your system will probably need no more than a 430W PSU, but I would go with a 550W instead, this will be enough to power your computer with a 280X. I think a good PSU for you would be the RM550 from Corsair. Of course, if you wanted, you can go with a bigger PSU to give you headroom for Crossfire, but a lot of people who say that they will go SLI or Crossfire actually never end up doing it. 

I use my PC for gaming mostly.  I usually don't play very heavy games like BF4 and play a lot of Valve games, indie games, shoot em up games, and RPG's

CPU: Core i7 4770k, RAM: 8GB DDR3 GSkill Ripjaws X, PSU: OCZ 700W, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X, Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

I use my PC for gaming mostly.  I usually don't play very heavy games like BF4 and play a lot of Valve games, indie games, shoot em up games, and RPG's

Yeah, I think you should step the CPU down to a 4670K and spend the extra money to upgrade your graphics card to a 280X, then you'll have a pretty beastly gaming rig. 

Apart from that everything else looks great. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Yeah, I think you should step the CPU down to a 4670K and spend the extra money to upgrade your graphics card to a 280X, then you'll have a pretty beastly gaming rig. 

Apart from that everything else looks great. 

I might consider upgrading my GPU but I'll keep the CPU.  the 270X will go to my dad in his computer which has an AMD FX 4100 CPU that he uses for audio, video editing and work if I upgrade because then me and him will be able to play more games together. 

CPU: Core i7 4770k, RAM: 8GB DDR3 GSkill Ripjaws X, PSU: OCZ 700W, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X, Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, Cooler: Noctua NH-D14