Please help, just got my new pc, don't get any signal through hdmi ( only cable I have and only input on my tv) please help

Newpcgamer1

hello! 

I have the HDMI cable plugged in my rtx 2080 ti and in my tv, cable works with xbox on same slot but not on the pc, what's the fix?

Have you try with any other slots?

TVs these days usually have more than 1 HDMI slot

Ps: very sorry I didn't read the topic clearly, thought your TV had more than 1 slot. '-_-

Edited by Lotrbee

What are your specs? (CPU, MOBO, RAM, PSU)?  In general, try removing the RAM and restarting 1 stick at a time to rule out a bad stick.  Try reseating your graphics card to make sure it is fully installed.  Double check your cables to make sure everything is fully plugged in.  Are the fans spinning, when you try to turn it on?  Are any of the debug lights on the MOBO turning on?

5 minutes ago, Sylvie said:

Best thing to do is start by removing all non essential components to the pc. see if it gets a video feed from your integrated graphics. 

This exactly, if that works but the normal GPU still won't display any output? Make sure external power cords are also plugged in (if any). Forgot to plug them in once in a hurry. That could also be the problem.

Do use the tv and a monitor plugged into your gpu ? Yes ? Then go into display settings and make sure the settings are not on "only display on 1)

9 minutes ago, Lotrbee said:

I tried them all, all 4

10 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

What are your specs? (CPU, MOBO, RAM, PSU)?  In general, try removing the RAM and restarting 1 stick at a time to rule out a bad stick.  Try reseating your graphics card to make sure it is fully installed.  Double check your cables to make sure everything is fully plugged in.  Are the fans spinning, when you try to turn it on?  Are any of the debug lights on the MOBO turning on?

2075060 Logitech (MK270) Wireless Keyboard & Optical Mouse - (Wireless) 1
2086589 2 TB Seagate (2000 GB) SATA-III HDD 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 1
2115016 1 x 1.8 Metre UK Mains Power Cable 1
2115568 Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 BIT 1
2115814 Asus Dual Band Wireless Network Card 600Mbps & 1300Mbps (PCI-E) 1
2116400 Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum RGB Pump 1
3 Year Extreme Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return) 3 Year Extreme Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return) 1
2116458 Corsair RMx 750W (Modular) PSU - Low Noise / Silent 1
2116732 Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE (Intel X299) - 6xUSB3.1/4xUSB2/WiFI/RGB 1
2116739 Game Max Eclipse (3 x RGB Fans) - Tempered Glass 1
2117048 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11 GB - (PCI-E) - DP/HDMI - HD/4K/VR - Supports 4 Monitors - PRE ORDER 20TH SEPTEMBER 1
2116738 Corsair 32GB Vengeance RGB 3600MHz (4x8GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR4) 1
2117021 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, Read 3400MB/s, Write 2500MB/s - Silent 1

Intel i9 - 9900X Extreme (10 x 3.5 GHZ - Turbo 10 x 4.4 GHZ)

I obviously didn't build it myself and dont feel super safe taking things out and plugging them back it but if that's the fix I could try

9 minutes ago, Sylvie said:

Best thing to do is start by removing all non essential components to the pc. see if it gets a video feed from your integrated graphics. 

aha okey, great news for a guy who hired computer planet.co.uk to build it cuz I didn't want to mess things up

4 minutes ago, Johnny Relentless said:

Do use the tv and a monitor blugged intp your gpu ? Yes ? Then go into display settings and make sure the settings are not on "only display on 1)

I use the tv in the gpu,  how do I change settings when im blind as a bat with no signal on my screen?

5 minutes ago, Newpcgamer1 said:

aha okey, great news for a guy who hired computer planet.co.uk to build it cuz I didn't want to mess things up

Yeah, I mean if you had someone else build it they probably have some kind of warranty system for if the machine isn't working. 

I tried them all, all 4

Okay,if your PC is on, the fans and the lights on GPU is on, everything is on but no output to the TV.. I suggest buying another HDMI cable?

Coz I have the same experience,so I bought a new HDMI then voila.. it works :)

And don't bother to buy the expensive HDMI cable,look for the budget ones

That would be only possible if you got another output plugged in that worked! If you only have the tv plugged in forget what i said :)

What Lotrbee said is a good point

1 minute ago, Sylvie said:

Yeah, I mean if you had someone else build it they probably have some kind of warranty system for if the machine isn't working. 

they do, bear in mind they tested the pc for 4 days extra since I dont live in the uk but in Europe, so I should have had it last week, and now this, im on hold with technical support, not optimistic, got more faith in you all honestly

2 minutes ago, Lotrbee said:

Okay,if your PC is on, the fans and the lights on GPU is on, everything is on but no output to the TV.. I suggest buying another HDMI cable?

Coz I have the same experience,so I bought a new HDMI then voila.. it works :)

And don't bother to buy the expensive HDMI cable,look for the budget ones

looks like im getting a decent monitor today, but at this point I dont know if its a display or pc issue

1 minute ago, Newpcgamer1 said:

looks like im getting a decent monitor today, but at this point I dont know if its a display or pc issue

Exactly what I was thinking.. why not try buying new and cheap HDMI cable,and see if it works? Better if you have a good neighbor or friends that can borrow you their HDMI cable so there's no mystery on the cable problem. If it still doesn't work,then you can go to either the monitor or PC issue.. nothing goes better than trials and errors in my opinion. ☺️

13 minutes ago, Sylvie said:

If you don't feel comfortable messing with the parts, then sending it back for warranty work is probably the best bet.  Most of our advice is going to involve checking and changing parts.  Check your warranty and see if it is still covered if you start working on things yourself.  I'm not sure what warranty laws are like in the EU.

14 minutes ago, Lotrbee said:

Exactly what I was thinking.. why not try buying new and cheap HDMI cable,and see if it works? Better if you have a good neighbor or friends that can borrow you their HDMI cable so there's no mystery on the cable problem. If it still doesn't work,then you can go to either the monitor or PC issue.. nothing goes better than trials and errors in my opinion. ☺️

I got a DP in cable so, should work, came with the pc

15 minutes ago, Lotrbee said:

its not the cable, the tv works too, so its either the pc or the hdmi is an issue. anyway the idiots at computerplanet were kind enough to send me my mouse and keyboard without the USB adapter so hey, 4k into my pc and im as happy as could be, havent gotten past looking at the nice rgb? kill me

its not the cable, the tv works too, so its either the pc or the hdmi is an issue. anyway the idiots at computerplanet were kind enough to send me my mouse and keyboard without the USB adapter so hey, 4k into my pc and im as happy as could be, havent gotten past looking at the nice rgb? kill me

Seriously wireless keyboard and mouse without the USB adapter?? Are you sure it's not plugged in already at the back of the case of your PC???

If it's not.. man, what a day you have there.. ?

Just be patient and think things calmly. You got 2 options, either send it back for warranty or do some trials and errors yourself.. ??

There are tons of references on YouTube on how to fix PC errors such as yours, so you can try to check those out. Good luck,mate.. ?

Don't know if the i9 has onboard graphics. But trying with onboard graphics is usually one off the first troubleshooting steps. Might be bad drivers or if you're really unlucky a dead on arrival GPU.

Its not clear if it boots or not. But if it doesn't boot you should at the led screen/leds on your motherboard. Or maybe yours beeps instead.

8 minutes ago, Lotrbee said:

Seriously wireless keyboard and mouse without the USB adapter?? Are you sure it's not plugged in already at the back of the case of your PC???

If it's not.. man, what a day you have there.. ?

Just be patient and think things calmly. You got 2 options, either send it back for warranty or do some trials and errors yourself.. ??

There are tons of references on YouTube on how to fix PC errors such as yours, so you can try to check those out. Good luck,mate.. ?

my bad, the usb was included, in a hole on the box, talk about a needle in a haystack I looked on the USB ports, in every box and bag or pouch. at least no need for that. it took 15 days longer then expected to reach me, its not going back anywhere ?? I am going to buy new monitor today, hopefully I can since I reached my spend limit to buy the pc ? 20 days wait or more, for this. but at least you are all great and helpful!! wish I could buy you all a beer

4 minutes ago, LeSheen said:

Don't know if the i9 has onboard graphics. But trying with onboard graphics is usually one off the first troubleshooting steps. Might be bad drivers or if you're really unlucky a dead on arrival GPU.

Its not clear if it boots or not. But if it doesn't boot you should at the led screen/leds on your motherboard. Or maybe yours beeps instead.

oh no it boots fine, on, off, on again with a beautiful rainbow, looks very nice ???? but I didn't buy or spec it for looks so meh

1 hour ago, Lotrbee said:

Ps: very sorry I didn't read the topic clearly, thought your TV had more than 1 slot. '-_-

it does, I tried, no luck, absolutely nothing through hdmi 

2 minutes ago, Newpcgamer1 said:

it does, I tried, no luck, absolutely nothing through hdmi 

Try another display. Then if it still doesn't work return to the shop with it and tell them what you tried.