So i built this rig, is it any good?

TehCaucasianAsian

So, I recently, about a month ago to be more precise, built my gaming rig. At the time it cost about $830 after taxes and shipping, and I haven't been able to lag this thing with anything so far (Then again, the games I play aren't the most demanding. Oh well). I play and record at ultra settings with Minecraft, TF2, some Skyrim, and I've also played some Portal 2. None of these games are very demanding compared to games such as Crysis 3 or BF4, but ultra is ultra. Anyway, this build doesn't lag but I want to know if I could have done better for the same price, or somewhere around it. I should also mention that my GPU is overclocked from 900MHz to 1.05GHz, to squeeze some more performance out of it. It stays cool so no issues there. Skyrim plays over 30FPS and sometimes over 60, and Portal and TF2 won't go any higher than 300 and cap off there, Minecraft sometimes peaking at 600FPS. Definitely satisfied with these numbers, but I just wonder if I could have done better

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2wyUu

CPU:  AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card:  HIS Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card  ($215.66 @ Newegg) 
Wireless Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($14.99 @ Microcenter) 
Case:  NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Microcenter) 
Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $768.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-03 15:13 EST-0500)

Why not choose a 990FX board?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

That is a solid build. Actually it is probably better than I did when I made mine.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

r9 270 is an awesome card, and should of course be able to play most games, even bf4, at high with a decent framerate.

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

So, I recently, about a month ago to be more precise, built my gaming rig. At the time it cost about $830 after taxes and shipping, and I haven't been able to lag this thing with anything so far (Then again, the games I play aren't the most demanding. Oh well). I play and record at ultra settings with Minecraft, TF2, some Skyrim, and I've also played some Portal 2. None of these games are very demanding compared to games such as Crysis 3 or BF4, but ultra is ultra. Anyway, this build doesn't lag but I want to know if I could have done better for the same price, or somewhere around it. I should also mention that my GPU is overclocked from 900MHz to 1.05GHz, to squeeze some more performance out of it. It stays cool so no issues there. Skyrim plays over 30FPS and sometimes over 60, and Portal and TF2 won't go any higher than 300 and cap off there, Minecraft sometimes peaking at 600FPS. Definitely satisfied with these numbers, but I just wonder if I could have done better

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2wyUu

CPU:  AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card:  HIS Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card  ($215.66 @ Newegg) 
Wireless Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($14.99 @ Microcenter) 
Case:  NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Microcenter) 
Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $768.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-03 15:13 EST-0500)

you shoulda got windows 8.1