Intel optane with a Samsung SATA SSD

Hello

I have got an HP pavilion X 360 14-cd0055tx laptop. Originally it came with and Intel optane SSD Plus 1 terabyte standard Hdd. I am having a very slow boot times and I want to upgrade my 1 terabyte hdd to a fastest Samsung 860 EVO SSD. My main question is that will it work. I don't want any main performance boost which  I will get from the optane enable. I just want to ask that is it compatible to use a Intel optane module with the Samsung 860 Evo SSD. 

The main issue is that the HP BIOS is not letting me change the controller options from IRST to AHCI which is causing me a lot of problems while inserting a nvm drive into the m.2 slot. Mt nvne drive freezes randomly. Therefore now I am being forced to use sata SSD with Intel optane. I just want to know that this configuration will work I don't need any Intel optane benefits which I will get. "Which means don't write comments like that when you put a Intel optane drive with the sata a SSD drive you won't get much benefit from it". I am not looking for benefits the sata SSD speed will be a boast either way. I just want to know that it won't give me any trouble.